Is another ice storm coming next week?

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

Is another ice storm coming next week?

#1 Postby GAStorm » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:16 pm

Does anyone know if there is another CAD event possible for next Monday? I just looked at the forecast here and the predicted high has dropped 10 degrees since yesterday with lows in the upper 20's! Seems like a good wedge could be in place for GA and the Carolinas with precip entering the picture as well.
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

#2 Postby GAStorm » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:04 pm

Stormsfury have you heard anything? My guess is that the chances of ice or snow goes up after a possible severe weather outbreak on Friday and Saturday.
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Stormsfury » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:49 pm

winterstorm '03 wrote:Stormsfury have you heard anything? My guess is that the chances of ice or snow goes up after a possible severe weather outbreak on Friday and Saturday.

I had to work this afternoon ... I'm gonna look into it, since there has been speculation (and even I saw something a couple of days ago about an arctic high setting up shot for another round of CAD) ...

This morning I prepared a forecast for the upcoming severe weather episode and flooding potential ... I just finished eating and I will update my website's forecast page as soon as I can ...
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

#4 Postby GAStorm » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:04 pm

Thanks for the update! I think the round of severe weather on Friday and Saturday should be a big weather story for much of the southeast. If katodog's dream actually happens, then I will be mad he was banned from the wc board! :lol:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Stormsfury » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:10 pm

winterstorm '03 wrote:Thanks for the update! I think the round of severe weather on Friday and Saturday should be a big weather story for much of the southeast. If katodog's dream actually happens, then I will be mad he was banned from the wc board! :lol:

I just heard about that myself ...
Someone on WWBB (Analog77) will be posting for katodog ...

I only saw one model which indicated the potential ... the ECMWF day 7. No other models indicates such as of yet, but right now my focus is on this upcoming event ... looks more serious than I thought 24 hours ago...
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”