Clearing up in Houston/Galveston

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
galvbay
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Clearing up in Houston/Galveston

#1 Postby galvbay » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:08 pm

What's that big bright thing in the sky??? After several days of cold, wet weather...the sun is starting to shine. Spring is knocking at the door! Warmer weather=warmer water=active tropics! Enjoyed the chat last night. galvbay :jump:
0 likes   

Rainband

#2 Postby Rainband » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:13 pm

Bring it on. The orb in the sky above is the sun lol. I can't wait for spring...too much coffee and not enough books lmao :wink:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Whew I thought someone had detonated an A bomb above us!!

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:22 pm

Tonight it is clear and we can even see the stars here in the city proper!!!
So much nicer than the 40* and rain we had this morning!!! Supposed to be up to 70 by Thursday! Then it should cool down again Sunday. Hearing rumors of maybe the COLDEST SINCE 1989 coming our way in about two weeks. Guess I need to spend some time with the models.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

wrkh99

#4 Postby wrkh99 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:30 pm

David said . That he needs to spend more time with the models.

What would your wife say ?
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:36 pm

SSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I HAVEN'T TOLD HER!!!!!!! :grab:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#6 Postby southerngale » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:06 am

vbhoutex said:
Hearing rumors of maybe the COLDEST SINCE 1989 coming our way in about two weeks. Guess I need to spend some time with the models.

Are you kidding me? I thought it was pretty much over for the Arctic air and my dreams of snow were down the drain. 1989 brought very cold weather and precipitation! I know the models aren't very accurate this far out, but keep us posted anyway please. I can handle the roller coaster ride if need be. :wink:
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

No, I'm not kidding...

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:35 am

I still haven't looked at the models but will later and will post my thoughts over at the USA weather thread. :D
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Rob-TheStormChaser

#8 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:37 am

Well if you guys are gonna be that cold...we're in for even colder times ahead! I better check the models!
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

Request

#9 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:04 pm

Would someone please send some sunshine to the "Sunshine State" ? :D

It's been three days since I saw that bright orb in the sky here! Enough is enough! Where's the summer?
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#10 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:07 pm

lol Marshall...welcome to mid-February blah crap weather. Just started picking up with snows here....another sticky situation. I just hope I dont have to get the snowblower out again...I've worked the augers to death this year already!
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#11 Postby southerngale » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:13 pm

We're seeing the sun today for the first time in quite a while too. For days it's been rainy or at least cloudy when it wasn't raining. And not even good ol' thunderstorms...just plain rain. :roll:

Oh yeah, don't forget to keep us posted on the upcoming winter weather event down here. :wink:
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

wrkh99

#12 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:19 pm

Go away SUN ! I am the Sun Nazi !
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#13 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:21 pm

just saw some sun dogs up here. Pretty neat!
0 likes   

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby Amanzi » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:26 pm

8) I have also just been reintroduced to the bright orb in the sky, had some good soaking rain over the last few days, even had a runble of thunder this morning...which got me to thinking...BRING ON THE CANES :wink:

Let us know about the models (not the two legged kind) and what they have to say about this cold air.....BACK I SAY.....Thats my swashbuckling version of bugger off COLD !
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#15 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:33 pm

lol well I looked at the models and they suggest a more typical 'zonal' flow from west to east. Nothing spectacular for the next 7-10 days as I see...no real cold dropping south and no one getting too warm either....mostly average across the boards. We'll see!
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#16 Postby ColdFront77 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:33 pm

It was good to see the overcast skies and rain, we really needed it. Dry season rains are the best thing in the Sunshine State.

The sun came out in the last two hours here where Sumter, Lake and Marion county meet. :D
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”