Dreary, Happy Sunshine State

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
ColdFront77

Dreary, Happy Sunshine State

#1 Postby ColdFront77 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:13 pm

It is so good to see our occasional moderate to heavy downpours here this afternoon. Unfortunately, no thunderstorms. :)

A small area of rain showers over northern Florida was expected to increase in arial coverage as surface winds from the N/NNW/NW coupled with a jetstream moving basically SW to NE across the peninsula would cause a developing area of rainfall; this along with a warm front. Sure enough the set up came together for this overcast, wet day across a good portion of Florida.

There were actually robins in my yard this morning, a rare sight in central Florida.

The yellow and brown grass may actually be green a few days this week.
0 likes   

Rainband

#2 Postby Rainband » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:21 pm

Been raining here mostly all day. We still need the rain so I am not unhappy. I like when it rains and I am home and relaxing. :o Especially with this cold. Good day for a hot cup of joe and a book. :wink:
0 likes   

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Amanzi » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:56 pm

:D Im with ya rainband. Been a realy lazy rainy day here too...but you are right I am not going to moan about it because my grass looks awful!
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#4 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:16 pm

Real nice line of heavy, but brief rain from Tampa NE to Daytona...look for Orlando to get hit next...all the way down towards Sarasota. Closer to the west coast of FL is where its heaviest.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:18 pm

Were getting a serious line through my neighborhood now coldfront
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#6 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:21 pm

I see it Chad....looks like from the dopplers I'm seeing...you guys are on the fringes of it and it'll be gone in a few minutes. This line is very defined and looks like Sarasota will get the brunt and areas NE of there. Most areas are getting a quick quarter inch and SW of you are getting closer to an inch in this quick line.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#7 Postby ColdFront77 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:38 pm

I was sleeping when any possible rumble of thunder occured this morning, south of Ocala.

I noticed the narrow band from the Cape Canaveral area to several miles southeast of Tampa. There were some yellows on the "TWC Local Forecast" 90-minute radar loop.

Temperatures in the mid to upper 40s yesterday morning rose into the low to mid 50s by evening and into the mid to upper 50s to 60s by dawn. It believe it made it to about 73 degrees a few hours ago, we are now at 71 degrees. Expected to fall to the low 50s by dawn, Tuesday.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:15 pm

Got thunder and lightning here. First time for this calendar year
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”