Watch out texas for friday

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wrkh99

Watch out texas for friday

#1 Postby wrkh99 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:21 pm

that 850 line is pretty far south :) Good luck VB and Ticka
0 likes   

What does the mean Wrkh???

#2 Postby Guest » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:28 pm

Please explain - what do you mean by the 850mb line? Freezing precip or what could it be that S word?

Ticka1
0 likes   

wrkh99

#3 Postby wrkh99 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:35 pm

I mean frozen precip and maybey S . It wouldn't suprise me to see frozen stuff all the way down to Corpus Christi with snow in San Antonio on friday .
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

#4 Postby bfez1 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:39 pm

What about eastward toward New Orleans? Anything for us?????
0 likes   

wrkh99

#5 Postby wrkh99 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:41 pm

nope except for good beach weather :)
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

I agree James!! Looking very interesting!!!

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:46 pm

See my post under the "the cold is back..." thread. It pretty much echos what he is saying.

KatDaddy's early call may pan out. I must say though that the models have been flip-flopping on this. But the 0z run puts us into a very cold regime for about 4 days starting Thursday.

NO MORE FLIP FLOPS PLEASE!!! :D
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#7 Postby southerngale » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:02 pm

Locally, they are showing a high of 37 for us on Friday. Wouldn't that just be cold rain?

Of course they could be off a few degrees. They have been very generous with the highs this year when Arctic blasts have come through. It never gets as warm as they say it will. Hmmmm

Ok, right now local mets show a 80% chance rain for Thursday, 100% chance Friday, and 90% chance on Saturday and they mention the possibility of frozen precipitation. So, what are the chances, percentage wise, of that 100% chance of rain for Friday being frozen precip. and not plain rain?
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

wrkh99

#8 Postby wrkh99 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:11 pm

I have seen it snow here in Mobile at 47 degrees so temps have actually very little to do with snow . Lets see what the models say in the morning and I will possibly make a forcast map . Can I post pics on here ?
0 likes   

Yes you can post picture.....

#9 Postby Guest » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:13 pm

Would love to see a forecast map if you could provide us with one.

Patricia
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:13 pm

Yup. just paste the link and then high light it and hit the Img button and it will put the proper tags on it to show the pics.
0 likes   

Rainband

#11 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:18 pm

Let it snow let it snow let it snow!!! :wink: Just not here
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

Ice possible???

#12 Postby GAStorm » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:21 pm

Do you think ice is possible for northern GA on Thursday night into Friday? It seems the weather channel does not have a grasp on what will happen here. They have us at 30 degrees with rain! I don't think it will be plain rain at that temperature!! :lol: :wink:
0 likes   

BreinLa
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

Okay

#13 Postby BreinLa » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:27 pm

I better get some of this Texas stuff lol

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update just checked the NWS site and they have changed my lows big time since the morning low for Saturday morning 28 and rain hehehehehe
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby PTrackerLA » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:26 pm

Well I'm a little skeptical about seeing winter precip along the gulf coast. The newest NWS discussions hardly mention any chance of the frozen stuff and their forecasted temperatures are pretty high if one was looking for frozen precip. Hopefully they are just being on the safe side :), btw what a beautiful day along the gulf coast, felt like a cool spring day with deep blue skies. We better enjoy it while we can, el nino is coming back!
0 likes   

Rainband

#15 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:27 pm

Why do you think el nino is coming back??? :?
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby PTrackerLA » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:18 pm

Well I just said that because there is chance of rain in our forecast for the next 5 or 6 days.
0 likes   

Rainband

#17 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:32 pm

Send some here, it's been dry for a spell :lol: :wink:
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby OtherHD » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:04 pm

Time for the former Snow Gestapo to ring in. Ok, hold your enthusiasm for after I finish!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The weather here has been beautiful for the past 3-4 days. Nothing but sun and high temps ranging from 60-73. When the fromt moved through this morning, I was scared that it would be a cold day, but it turned out nice. I am sick of the cold, so, for sanity's sake, I hope you are wrong wrkh. :cry: :cry: :cry: No offense though! :wink: You were right about the frozen precip in LA, MS, and AL a few weeks ago! I just want sun for the rest of winter.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Not gonna happen OTHERHD!!

#19 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:33 am

Here is a part of the latest hou/gal discussion.

OF PARTICULAR INTEREST
FRIDAY NIGHT...FAIRLY SIGNIFICANT S/W APPROACHES SE TX WHICH WILL
ALSO BE IN THE RRQ OF 140KT JET. NRN ZONES COULD SEE A BRIEF SHOT AT
SOME FROZEN PRECIP AT THAT TIME. NO WORRIES ACROSS THE SRN 2/3
THOUGH - JUST RAIN.

Either way this is put we aren't talking sun!!! :P It looks to be wet and cold through Sat at least if not Sun. starting on Thursday evening. Clouds are expected to return tomorrow or, even overnight.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

Looking very interesting for Friday and Saturday

#20 Postby KatDaddy » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:33 am

The Texas forecast discussions are indicating snow and sleet Friday night and Saturday morning for all of the Hill Country and S Central Texas. Victoria is expecting a wintery mix.

Perhaps VB and Ticka will see some sleet and a few snowflakes mixed with the rain.

However I will see only rain. I will be amazed if I see wintery precip here in N Galveston County.......just to close the GOM.

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”