I want to have a snowgasm . Will I this year ?

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wrkh99

I want to have a snowgasm . Will I this year ?

#1 Postby wrkh99 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:47 pm

I haven't had a good wet snowgasm since 1996. Hopefully my luck will change and I will see alot of the white stuff Feb 4th to Feb 7th .
0 likes   

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

hey James...what's up with the 4th-7th?

#2 Postby timNms » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:51 pm

Models showing something interesting for that time period??????
0 likes   

wrkh99

#3 Postby wrkh99 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:55 pm

Yes i'm going with that and my gut feeling :)
0 likes   

One Eye
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#4 Postby One Eye » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:25 pm

It would be nice. Me and my boys, ages 3 and 8 went to Hattiesburg last Jan. to play in the 4 inches of white stuff. Here at home would be great. :P By the way looks like North half of dixie could get a little frozen precip Sunday.
0 likes   

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

hope they're right this time

#5 Postby timNms » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:26 pm

Getting tired of the models showing a big snowstorm for us only to have it disappear the day before it's supposed to be here lol. It is such a shame to waste all this cold air. 25 here now with a windchill of 13. Supposed to be around 12 for the low tonight....why oh why couldn't we have a March '93 Low in the gulf right now? LOL
0 likes   

wrkh99

#6 Postby wrkh99 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:27 pm

If i'm being to perverted just let me know :)
0 likes   

wrkh99

#7 Postby wrkh99 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:32 pm

I would have given $500 to be in the outerbanks NC today. 15 inchs and 2 to 3 ft snow drifts .
0 likes   

One Eye
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#8 Postby One Eye » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:51 pm

Hopefully February will be different with Southern jet stream kicking in a little but not too much or we'll go back to early Dec. pattern with all rain and a lot at that. Already 26 here in the big city of Vancleave, just north of Ocean Springs. Does anyone know what model looks "interesting for snow in early February?"
0 likes   

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

Hey Oneeye

#9 Postby timNms » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:59 pm

You sound like us. A few yrs ago Jackson got 8" of snow...we had nothing. my wife and I loaded our 2 kids in the car, picked up my mom, and drove an hour north and played in the snow on side of the road LOL.

We had snow here the last two new years, but nothing this year. Last year we only got about half an inch. Interestingly enough, the HEAVY snow was south of us! My wife's mother had a little over 3 inches at her house. She's about 15 miles south of us.

Guess we'll keep hoping for that big one. The cold is here, just gotta get the moisture. NWS says we may see a mix Sunday, but it'll probably be too warm for anything other than rain.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

[b]You may get your wish![/b]

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:36 am

Although the models have disappointed us in a major way(no big freeze with beaucoup frozen precip) :? here in the DEEP South, Sunday night into monday morning shows the possibility of at least a dusting of snow for areas from SW MS to the coast near Biloxi, east to FWBor PC area in FL and then across most of S GA. It will be a touch and go situationa s to whether it really happens, but the ingredients are there. The timing is the key(as always)here since the upper temps will support it but the lower level may not if the front comes through later in the day on Monday.

Good Luck!! I know I won't see any here!! :(
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

JCooper
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Just Leading Us On

#11 Postby JCooper » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:36 am

They are saying there is a possibility for snow for the lower SC coast have to see it to believe it now
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Just Leading Us On

#12 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:40 pm

JCooper wrote:They are saying there is a possibility for snow for the lower SC coast have to see it to believe it now

Looks like a good possibility Mon\Tues in your area.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”