SNOW AGAIN MONDAY FOR N.C???????

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
NCGal
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

SNOW AGAIN MONDAY FOR N.C???????

#1 Postby NCGal » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:16 pm

:) :D :P OK GUYS, WE JUST GOT 4-5 INCHES OF SNOW HERE TODAY IN JOHNSTON COUNTY, NC...... NOW THE LOCALS ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE WATCHING A SIMILAIR SYSTEM THAT MAY BRING US MORE SNOW ON MONDAY. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THIS???? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME MORE SNOW. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS????? WILL IT BE SNOW....AND IF SO, WILL IT BE THE SAME AMOUNT AS TODAY'S SYSTEM OR LESS/MORE? COMMENTS WELCOME.
0 likes   

Suncat
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Say it ain't so!

#2 Postby Suncat » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:16 pm

I think the general feeling is that the event on Monday may not be as bad as what we had today (Thursday). Temps are expected to be warmer on Monday, also.

It's about a quarter after 6:00 PM and the roads are getting nasty. Everything is refreezing and the temps are dropping fast. It is going to be brutal early tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping the Governor will urge everyone to stay off the roads again tomorrow! Whatever has become compacted and freezes tonight is going to take much longer to thaw, even with the sunlight. The temperatures will be much lower tomorrow for the first half of the day, so not much will melt, even with salt. Things should improve this weekend.
0 likes   

#3 Postby Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:23 pm

Another cold front seems to be coming down, but I'm not a forecaster.
You know, weather is the only science where the more the technology
improves, the less we understand...

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/sat-bin/disp ... C_SCALE=15

Ciao
Paolo
0 likes   

hurricanedude
Military Member
Military Member

more snow

#4 Postby hurricanedude » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:03 pm

Im just up the road in Va Beach our locals talking about this sunday/monday system being a classic noreaster with wind swept snow and coastal flooding..ETC....and yes this will include far eastern NC and southeast Va again :o
0 likes   

wrkh99

#5 Postby wrkh99 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:44 pm

You don't need anymore snow ! I haven't had a Snowgasm in years :)
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”