VALENTINE'S DAY SUPERSTITION!!!

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#21 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:03 pm

Ladies first! And I think I will have me a Smirnoff ice with a lemon....... :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#22 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:06 pm

Good thing the sailor man isnt around tonight or there'd be trouble! Whats his name? Popeye? lol aaaahhhhgug gug gug gug gug! Man if I have a Smirnoff or 5, I'd be in bad shape in about 3 hours!
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:10 pm

ROFLMAO! My "Popeye" is stationed in VA beach, *sniff*! Better there than Afghanistan! I've never been there tho......can't wait, but i will NEVER get enough time off work! Boo hoo for me!
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#24 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:19 pm

Aw man that sucks. I feel for ya! Were you referring to VA or Afghanistan? lmao j/k I know all about the perspective of being in the Army and missing friends and family. Thank God I didnt have a girlfriend until I got home! Its all good though...someday!
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#25 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:33 pm

Check me out, moving on up already! At this rate I'll be to the plus-1000 Club in no time! lol, I was talkin bout VA, I havent been much of anywhere, used to live in NC, moved here when I was 7, been here since, and really, the only states I have been to are the ones in between here and NC! Furthest north: Apple River, MN or WI, Furthest south: Goldsboro, NC, Furthest east: Atlantic Ocean (NC), Furthest West: Kansas City, KS I need to get out more often! Especially if I ever want to see a tornado! :D
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#26 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:44 pm

lol well if you want to increase you chances, let me now. I have a hotrod of a car and I always head out that way in the spring. I pretty much just live in hotels and hop towns and cities and never stay still for days and even weeks. Its fun, but if you ever get a chance to, read up on where I got hit by lightning a few times in the other thread here...lol I guess you could say there is beauty in chasing, but sometimes a few surprises!
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:47 pm

:o OMG That sounds like the PERFECT life! Well, not the lightning part, eek! I have wanted to be a chaser for as long as I can remember, but I can't ever seem to be in the right place at the right time! This year is gonna be my year though.......I can feel it! :D
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#28 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:52 pm

At least you're out there close to the action. Me, I have to drive 1200 miles for some action! Too many hills here and never a real storm comes through here. When I was in OK its always a good time for a storm. Nice and flat too.
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:57 pm

I'm close, but I have nothing! Nothing; that is, but drive! I can't explain it, but i get the biggest charge when I know there is going to be severe weather, so much that I don't even get scared, which probably isn't safe, but you only live once, why not live it up!!!
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#30 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:02 am

lol true...does your boyfriend/hubby do the same? or has the same interests? Seems like we all go down this 'road' alone. There's always someone interested in what we like and they have totally different views on it. Kinda funny, but I never met a girl/woman into it and for practical purposes, never dated anyone remotely close to having anything to do with weather....except get a tan! lol Its rare to have a 'couple' in the field such as this...very rare. In all my travels and people I've met...its mostly men, or a few women that just wanted to get away awhile for the thrill...lol
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:07 am

LOL, my interest goes far beyond a tan! (Especially since I don't tan, I burn to a crisp!!) My boyfriend will come with me sometimes, he isn't a fanatic like me, but he understands. The only thing I am lacking is technical knowledge stuff, lol, so well put, eh? :lol:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#32 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:08 am

lol...if my girl ever wanted to go with me on a romp like that, we'd have to stop in Atlantic City, gamble a few days...go to Myrtle Beach, then head west after about a week...then its too late! :roll:
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:12 am

By the time I'm ready, storms over! It's just a girl thing! No, not really, i just don't know what to look for...............
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#34 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:15 am

Thats the best thing about living in those areas....sooner or later, they come to you. Doesnt always have to be April or May and some places could get hit a few times. Its tough, but fun and definitely time consuming as well.
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#35 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:18 am

Yeah, I've been in places that have been hit more than once in a relatively short period of time! I'm beginning to sense my spring fever sneaking up on me again! Well, I think it's time to get some beauty sleep and dream of all the storms I will chase in the upcoming season! :D g'night!
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#36 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:20 am

lol ditto :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”