Watch out texas for friday

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

Thanks for the post Katdaddy....

#21 Postby Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:20 am

I am south of I-10 - so I seriously doubt I will see any sleet or snow either - might go and hang out at my parents house where they are north of I-10. Sometimes that is the magically line!!!!!

In my honest opinion - I don't think its gonna get that cold. Its was only 50 degrees this morning - its gonna have to get really really cold for any frozen precip to happen. But this is probably going to be our LAST chance this year for any winter precip.

I'll be faithfully watching this weekend. Got my digital camera and camcorder charged if anything happens - so I can post the pictures here on the website.

Patricia
0 likes   

wrkh99

#22 Postby wrkh99 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:24 am

Wow I like Saturdays forcast
0 likes   

Wrkh99

#23 Postby Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:30 am

Even if its that amatuer TWC MAP! LOL..... Just had to poke a little fun at you this morning. Hope we all see this on Saturday morning.

Do you have the maps you promised us from yesterday?

Ticka1
0 likes   

wrkh99

#24 Postby wrkh99 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:00 am

let me find a place to host them .
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#25 Postby chadtm80 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:04 am

wrkh99 email me (chadtm80@cfl.rr.com) or pm me and i will be glad to put them up localy here for you :D
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby OtherHD » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:22 pm

PRAY FOR SUN!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

NO!!!NO!!!NO!!!!

#27 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:38 pm

OtherHD wrote:PRAY FOR SUN!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

GO AWAY SNOW NAZI!!!! :snipersmile: :2gunfire:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#28 Postby southerngale » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:43 pm

No sun for you!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Looks like a cold rain at most for most of SE TX!!!!

#29 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:19 pm

Once again the southern snow wishcasters have been been teased and dropped!!!

Models and the actual weather we are experiencing have pretty muchtaken the chance of frozen precip in our area out of the picture! We may experience some sleet due to upper air support, but there won't be any snow unless it is about 100+ miles N of the coast and even then it will be an occasional flurry and no acdumulation.

WWWWAAAAHHH!!!! :oops: :grrr:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

wrkh99

#30 Postby wrkh99 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:30 pm

SW of you could see snow . Thats about as weird as snow in FL.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

YOU SAID IT!!

#31 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:48 pm

wrkh99 wrote:SW of you could see snow . Thats about as weird as snow in FL.

It is strange!! But even stranger to me was the time KatDaddy had 2.5" of snow in his area and we didn't get any in Houston proper! :o He lives about 35 miles closer to the coast than I do!!! :?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#32 Postby southerngale » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:20 am

Ticka (and others)

I know you like to hear what our local mets are saying so here it goes. This was about 10pm Thursday night:

THE HOUNDS OF WINTER ARE BARKING AND WILL ARRIVE LATER TONIGHT! STILL THE THREAT OF SOME SLEET WITH THE LIGHT RAIN ACROSS PARTS OF TEXAS LATE FRIDAY AND EARLY SATURDAY! WARMER PATTERN TO SET UP NEXT WEEK!!

10:00 p.m. update......New models still showing light rain moving back in late Friday into Saturday with mix precip possible. ETA is a little colder than the GFS, showing even a few flurries early Saturday. One thing is for sure ALL models are too warm with high temperatures.......

Cold and wet as expected today with temperatures falling into the 40's. Surge of ARCTIC AIR moving south across north Texas this afternoon will arrive overnight with temperatures falling into the 30's by morning. Wind chills will be in the teens and 20's so it will sting. Rain about to end (for now) but will return late Friday into early Saturday as next upper level disturbance moves into the region from the southwest. This will be the tricky part on where the rain/rain sleet snow line set up. Right now the areas with the best chance of sleet and some light snow will be from Lufkin to west of Houston to San Antonio. REMEMEBER THE ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE LIGHT with very dry air moving in. We will be on the edge of this so we'll continue to watch this carefully. Once again the light rain will move back in LATE FRIDAY INTO EARLY SATURDAY with temperatures in the 30's. Any areas that do see sleet/or snow the accumulations will be light. A break in the light rain tonight BUT COLD!! A warmer pattern sets up next week as a true looking El Nino pattern sets up.
Forecasted By: Kerry Cooper
Last Updated: February 6, 2003 - 10:03PM

http://www.kfdm1.com/weather.shtml
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”