Texas Fall 2013

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#1441 Postby somethingfunny » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:37 am

26 degrees in Garland, it turns out I missed a few drafty spots when I winterized the house last week. :cold: Nothing beats standing next to the heater vents on a morning like this!
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be interpreted as being intelligent. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#1442 Postby Portastorm » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:45 am

somethingfunny wrote:26 degrees in Garland, it turns out I missed a few drafty spots when I winterized the house last week. :cold: Nothing beats standing next to the heater vents on a morning like this!

LOL! Dude, I'll tell you how I'm keeping warm this morning ... fired up the smoker at 4 am for my annual turkey and brisket holiday smoke! That firebox and I have spent some time together this morning. :wink:

Everyone stay warm and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Fall 2013

#1443 Postby NDG » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:58 am

Portastorm wrote:At 6 am Central time on Thanksgiving morning, here's an impressive map. Surface temps. Looks like at least 80% of the CONUS is at or below freezing. As I write this, it's 31 degrees at the Portastorm Weather Center.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4656/r2t2.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would say more like 85-90%, fairly impressive.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1444 Postby Ntxw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:12 am

Chilly, fire going, walking inside and smelling the good food ah yes this is Thanksgiving at it's finest!

Hope everyone is enjoying this festive holiday with family and friends!
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

iorange55
Category 5
Category 5

#1445 Postby iorange55 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

Happy Thanksgiving/Black Thursday!

Be safe everyone and don't burn your house down.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#1446 Postby wxman57 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:37 am

Texas Snowman wrote:
orangeblood wrote::uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: That's about as cold a 5 stay stretch as you'll ever find on a model run. To give you an idea of what kind of precip is associated with this Euro Control Run, just for to wet Portastorm's appetite

http://models.weatherbell.com/ecmwf/201 ... nus_54.png

Wxman57 is going to love December! :D

I already hate November. Too cold for biking. Not optimistic about December. Looking forward to July...

Just about time to put the turkey in the oven. Happy Thanksgiving, all!
Image Image
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1447 Postby northjaxpro » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1448 Postby Tireman4 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 am

wxman57 wrote:I already hate November. Too cold for biking. Not optimistic about December. Looking forward to July...

You too Wxman57. May your December be a frosty one. I will enjoy my running. :) He he he. You could always invest in an indoor trainer or indoor bike. At least you will get your miles in. That is why I have a treadmill. :)
0 likes   

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

#1449 Postby Ptarmigan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:26 am

wxman57 wrote:
I already hate November. Too cold for biking. Not optimistic about December. Looking forward to July...

Image Image

It is winter. Deal with it. :wink: :ggreen:
0 likes   

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1450 Postby Texas Snowman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:35 am

wxman57 wrote:I already hate November. Too cold for biking. Not optimistic about December. Looking forward to July...

Image Image

Happy Thanksgiving to our lovable Heat Miser! Stay warm!!! :D
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1451 Postby Texas Snowman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:40 am

Here's a Thanksgiving Day memory that all of us on this thread can love. Well, maybe all of us but one! :D

Leon's big blunder in the sleet at Texas Stadium was 20 years ago today! Happy Turkey Day Leon!!!

0 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1452 Postby ravyrn » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:06 am

Happy Thanksgiving gang! Save travels! Weatherman, if March matches November... only 4 months to go :D
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1453 Postby Portastorm » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:10 am

ravyrn wrote:Happy Thanksgiving gang! Save travels! Weatherman, if March matches November... only 4 months to go :D

Hey ravyrn, I like that sig. Hasn't my prediction already verified?! :lol: Of course, it wouldn't have taken much to beat last year. Have a great Thanksgiving.

The PWC is liking wintry weather odds in Texas between now and Christmas. Think we could have several opportunities to have some "fun" around the state.
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

katheria
Category 1
Category 1

#1454 Postby katheria » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

i have been spending time with the smoker this morning also in garland :)

3 turkeys and a 30# ham LOL.....

we are not getting together until Saturday alot of family members cant make it until saturday
0 likes   
just a guess.......take everything i say with a grain of salt.......check your local NWS for forecast information

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1455 Postby Portastorm » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:46 pm

katheria wrote:Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

i have been spending time with the smoker this morning also in garland :)

3 turkeys and a 30# ham LOL.....

we are not getting together until Saturday alot of family members cant make it until saturday

Whoa! And here I thought I was doing something with my 15-pd brisket and 11-pd turkey. Yours is much more impressive! :D

Just saw the 12z GFS op run. Colder than the 0z and 6z for the next Arctic plunge but still nowhere near what I think we may see. Curious to see how the crazy Canadian and King Euro shake out today.
0 likes   

TexasF6
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1456 Postby TexasF6 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!! Let it Snow!!!!!!!!!!! In AUSTIN TEXAS!!!!!!!
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re:

#1457 Postby southerngale » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Ntxw wrote:Portastorm, I think it's time we migrate to the winter thread and begin locking this one. Nothing weather wise will occur between now and Dec 1st so we should be posting DJF weather in the winter thread, the coming arctic barrage will be December so lets go begin winter of 2013-2014 over there :D

Yeah. It's been a VERY cold week even way down here... winter seems to arrived a bit early with a vengeance! Several days of bitter cold and almost nonstop rain, never getting out of the 30s. We don't need to lock this one though since people might still want to comment on something or another. :)

If it's going to be a cold winter, let there be snow!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1458 Postby Ntxw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:22 pm

DFW (and most of the big cities of Texas) haven't had a below average November since 2002. This November will be the first in over a decade.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

aggiecutter
Category 5
Category 5

#1459 Postby aggiecutter » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:50 pm

I just looked at the 12z EURO, and I saw no cold air in Texas' future for at least the next 10 days.
0 likes   

gboudx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#1460 Postby gboudx » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Portastorm wrote:
somethingfunny wrote:26 degrees in Garland, it turns out I missed a few drafty spots when I winterized the house last week. :cold: Nothing beats standing next to the heater vents on a morning like this!

LOL! Dude, I'll tell you how I'm keeping warm this morning ... fired up the smoker at 4 am for my annual turkey and brisket holiday smoke! That firebox and I have spent some time together this morning. :wink:

Everyone stay warm and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

We need some Q-view of the meats. I smoked a turkey. But seafood gumbeaux and oyster dressing were also on the menu.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”