Stormy pattern to stay for quite a while!

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

Stormy pattern to stay for quite a while!

#1 Postby GAStorm » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:50 pm

I have heard that the current pattern with the STJ will continue to bring in storms through most of this month. The only thing I have yet to find out is if there will be another arctic blast. Does anyone know if some colder air will finally come down to the south? If we are fortunate enough to have some arctic air, then many places in the south would finally get a real storm!! :bgbounce:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Stormsfury » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:04 pm

Some of the latest model runs are indicating a possible southern runner in about 4 days ... details sketchy right now, however, North Carolina needs to watch this one closely ...

Last night's ECMWF run indicated a possible 500mb Geopotential heights going more towards neutral from its current positive tilt ...

The GFS yesterday hinted at the possibility of a 50/50 low and a Greenland high beginning to develop about 4 days from now ...

I haven't had time to look at the models just yet today, because I'm updating my website to make the links easier to view and straighten out some quirks to make the overall website look even better.
0 likes   

GAStorm
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby GAStorm » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:11 pm

Thanks for the update Stormsfury! Hopefully all of the south will get in on some snow before the end of the month. Where you are in the Carolinas has been where all of the action is this winter!!
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Stormsfury » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:18 pm

I've really missed out on all the wintery weather except January 23rd - when a paltry dusting (0.5") fell ...

I'm located about 20 miles Northwest of Charleston, SC.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”