2013 SE TX/ SW LA Weather

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: 2013 SE TX/ SW LA Weather

#101 Postby southerngale » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:02 am

CajunMama wrote:And since Frack had a rough night I think she should look into buying one of these....

Want!!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#102 Postby southerngale » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:30 am

I guess I should elaborate on the rough night thing. lol
I had been in Houston for 2 weeks, working. As I headed home last night, I stopped in Baytown for groceries. I had quickly checked the weather earlier in the afternoon and knew (thought) we'd just get rain off and on like had been occurring. Well, it got really bad while I was there. Torrential rain and the parking lot started flooding quickly. I had to go home so I headed that way. Almost everyone on I-10 had their hazards on, including the 18-wheelers. We were going 30-40mph and it was still hard to see. My mind went to Allison type rains. It was so hard to see! So anyway, by the time I got to Anahuac, I was tired of fighting to see and poking along so I pulled off and the feeder road was flooded. I pulled over and just sat there for a long time, looking at radar, and talking to people. There was no end in sight. I had to go home and debated on whether to stay on I-10 (longer route) or cut through 61 (which I usually do) and against my better judgment, decided on 61. There was no traffic, but my max speed still maybe only hit 40mph. The rain was intense and it was a difficult drive. I kept hitting pockets of water on the road and I went completely off the road once, which freaked me out briefly, but I got right back on. The weather geek in me found it all interesting, but the sane part of me just wanted to make it home in one piece.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#103 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Just had my second round of showers/t'storms here in W. Houston today. I can handle this!! Looks like we are going to have a wet weekend, which would be a blessing.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#104 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:42 am

vbhoutex wrote:Just had my second round of showers/t'storms here in W. Houston today. I can handle this!! Looks like we are going to have a wet weekend, which would be a blessing.
Final total for yesterday was 0.39". Every little bit counts!! Cloudiness kept the temps down which was nice after mid to upper 90s the two days before that.
Radar shows heavy storms to our N and W which are carrying flood warnings with them since those areas have had as much as 6"-14"(doppler estimated) :eek: in the last 24 hours. Front is slowly sinking S and E so we will get some, probably within the next several hours, but not sure which part we will get. Also large area of rain over S TX that will be moving NE towards our area in the next 24 hours. Lots to watch!!

Edit for afternoon-Wrong again forecast breath!! :roll: :roll:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#105 Postby southerngale » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Rain, rain, and more rain. After the large amount of rain we got about a week or so ago, we've had several days of quite a bit of rain. Ditches are overflowing in some areas and people are already sick of all the rain. Heck... I love rain and storms and even I wouldn't mind a little sunshine at this point. Sunny days are good for business. :)

We're good here and we've had more than enough. Time to share with others.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”