STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED IN PENNSYLVANIA

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Rob-TheStormChaser

STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED IN PENNSYLVANIA

#1 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:39 pm

Governor Ed Rendell has put us under a State Of Emergency and ordered people to stay off the roads here and let PENNDOT try to get some of the roads cleared. Everything is shut down. :o
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:44 pm

OMG... Thats serious chit there getting
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:49 pm

lol no doubt...too bad I cant see anything....looks like a white sheet!
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:50 pm

I know it must suck for you, but i sure would like to go through it just once... gues its time to move
hehe
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby wx247 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:00 pm

I send you some snow, if you will send me a tropical depression or a minimal tropical storm :wink: ...nothing bigger. I don't know how I'd handle it if it were any stonger!

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Rob-TheStormChaser

#6 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:08 pm

Dont send anymore snow here! lol I want to take some drifts pics but dont know if they'll show too good from inside....standby!
0 likes   

Rainband

#7 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:37 pm

Hey Rob, I just got off the phone with my sister. She lives in Montourville, PA; Lycoming county, up in the mountains. She told me the snow is up to her suv's windows. I guess it's cause they are up in the mountains and she says it's still snowing. :o OMG that is incredible I guess it's like 2 1/2 ft of snow or more... :roll: You guys have fun.. :wink: Gives a new meaning to snow drifts lmao :lol:
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:39 pm

LOL i couldnt even imagine
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#9 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:39 pm

lol John...I cant wait to get out there and carve some paths! Montoursville is west of me and they shouldve gotten even less than we have! I have to get the yard stick out again!
0 likes   

Rainband

#10 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:55 pm

LOL my sister never makes a big deal about anything but this has got her attention. Granted her suv is a tracker and lower to the ground but they still got hammered. She said she is gonna get pictures and when she does I will tell her to send them in. :wink: Does it make a difference that they are in the mountains? When I was up in December they said 8 inches and we got 12-14?? Just wondering :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#11 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:57 pm

big difference here. Elevations mean as much as 6" per 1000 feet! I could drive to the bottom of our hills here into the next town and we'd have 18"...they would have maybe 12". Always colder up on the hills and therefore more moisture that might change to rain or sleet in the valleys...the elevations get hammered.
0 likes   

Rainband

#12 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:01 pm

Yea I figured ,just wanted an expert opinion..Thanks. BTW any confidence is this theory of a bad flood event similar to that of 96 in the next week. They say the next storm will track futher west. In 96 williamsport and montoursville got creamed. I told my sister I would keep her posted. :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#13 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:04 pm

Yeah...I'm watching this one as well....seems like every year we see a time where we have prolonged cold...alot of snow, then an event with either milder air for a few days and/or rain. Looks like this next week's storm could have just the rain, but also mid 30s and 40s when this thing brings in SW air and a more westerly track. I hope this all doesnt melt too fast...we'll have devastation this year if it gets too warm too fast.
0 likes   

Rainband

#14 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:08 pm

Please keep me posted. My sister lives up in the mountains but works in town. Their weather people seem clueless and I told her I would keep her informed. The weather locals said they wouldn't get any snow this go around :o and look what happened. I appreciate it. BTW..email me if you have to..TY again :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#15 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:16 pm

No problem John....anything to keep my eyes peeled and others who have local ties here as well.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”