NWS Springfield, MO is missing the boat!

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

NWS Springfield, MO is missing the boat!

#1 Postby wx247 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:32 am

Good morning everyone! Just woke up to find 1" of new snow already at 9 a.m. central time. The NWS here is calling for only 2" and the snow is not expected to end until tonight. Hmm...

In addition, the NWS in Tulsa (just to my SW) has just upgraded their Winter Weather Advisory to a Winter Storm Warning for up to a foot :o of snow! The NWS Springfield needs to get with the program. I am guessing we could get maybe 5 or 6 inches.

I will keep you updated!

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby wx247 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:54 pm

As of 11:30, we have had 1.7" of new snow and we are at 2.7" from this storm. Roads are getting extremely slick.

Another update as soon as conditions warrant...

Garrett :)
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby wx247 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:32 pm

More new snow moving in...

Details when I have them!

Garrett :eek:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Stormsfury » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:56 pm

wx247 - You've had quite a good year snowfall wise ...

I've noticed this year since November, it's been one extreme or another.
Either severe weather, or winter weather ... Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby wx247 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:25 pm

You are absolutely correct. We have had 2 rounds of major severe weather, and several "big" snows for the region. I am about 5 miles or so from Chesapeake, the town that was hit by the F2 tornado back in December :o . During that severe weather event, we were under a tornado watch for almost 18 straight hours :o !!

I would like some quiet weather for a while, but alas that is not the case.

Garrett :band:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Stormsfury » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:14 pm

Oh, yeah. I remember talking to you before on TWC about that tornado back in November. I've had a couple of close calls with tornadoes myself - one being just a mile east of me (when I was 13 and living in a trailer park -yikes!), and the 1998 Mother's Day Tornado here very near Summerville - that tornado missed by 5 miles NE - the supercell that spawned it was absolutely awesome and made for one hell of a storm chase! ... Too bad I didn't have a camera with me, I was on my way to pick up dinner and saw the supercell (well, I got sidetracked and successfully chased down the storm) ...

November 10th-11th, 2002 Storm Reports/Radar Images from Nashville, TN and May 10th, 1998 "Mother's Day Tornado" if you're interested.

http://www.stormsfury1.com/Weather/SevereWeather.html
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”