Warm trend continues for the Northeast

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
LehighValleyForcaster
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression
Location: The Greater Lehigh Valley, Penna. (Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton area)

Warm trend continues for the Northeast

#1 Postby LehighValleyForcaster » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:17 am

The warm trend continues to ride in the Northeast and will continue to be with us for the next few weeks.

Halloween night will be very pleasant and riding in the high 40's to low 50's during the evening hours with day temps in the high 60's.

As I have said in other posts, I believe will have a late start winter and a early spring with just a bit of snow here and there and a couple of cold snaps that will not stick around too long.

I am only talking about our region and our mountain region will see a bit more activity then the Valley. That is because it remains colder.

As for precipitation in our region, I believe we will be below average and more on the dryer side.

I have been feeling this since the beginning of summer and it looks like I will be correct unless something really changes with the elements. I also have seen patterns like this before that kept our region on the mild side during the winter months.

I will post any changes that I know 4 sure will happen but till then, I will just sit and wait.

I can see the winter is trying to push itself into our region but still does not have the strength to do so yet.
0 likes   

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby JCT777 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:11 am

Let's see where we are at in early December. If it has not gotten truly cold by then, then I will agree with your assessment about a short winter with not much snow.
0 likes   

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby TexasStooge » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:37 am

You mean "Warm Trend continues for Texas"?

The highs from today through Election Day will be in the 80s here.
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

LehighValleyForcaster
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression
Location: The Greater Lehigh Valley, Penna. (Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton area)

#4 Postby LehighValleyForcaster » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:10 am

TexasStooge wrote:You mean "Warm Trend continues for Texas"?

The highs from today through Election Day will be in the 80s here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOL TexasStooge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You know U R correct with that statement.
0 likes   

JTD
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby JTD » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:19 pm

I heard that it's 80 degress in Washington, D.C today? That true? I was shocked.
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Colin » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:08 pm

Well it's 79° here right now! :o
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby wx247 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:31 pm

Looks like cooler temps are coming...
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

jpp5862

#8 Postby jpp5862 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:32 pm

Charlotte, NC, my home, was in the low 80's all weekend and close to 80 again today. Definitely above average, in fact just a couple of degrees off records over the weekend. However looks like the front coming through this week will push us back to more normal temps by the end of the week. Definitely ready for some COLD weather, no more of this 80+ degrees in November.
0 likes   

therock1811
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby therock1811 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:42 pm

76° here in Cincinnati area right now, expected to hit 78° tomorrow...
0 likes   

Anonymous

#10 Postby Anonymous » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:49 pm

Man I am lovin' this weather!!!! Northern Virginia had genuine OBX weather today, high 80 degrees, dewpoint 61 degrees!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I LOVE my OBX weather!!!!!!

I want the eastern ridge to stay in place through early December!!!!

-Nags Head Jeb
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#11 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:56 am

Jeb, perhaps you should mention what reporting station OBX is, for those that don't know. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”