Major Cool Down Again Next Weekend?

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Major Cool Down Again Next Weekend?

#1 Postby wx247 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:25 am

Just looking at the NWS Forecasts for the region and their forecast discussion and it looks like it may be another cold damp weekend for the Central Plains after a warm-up midweek. Thoughts?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:56 pm

LMAO, I must not be part of that warm up....unless 53° is considered warm! Look at this forecast for my area!

This Afternoon: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. West wind around 11 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. North wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Monday: Rain possible after 5pm. Chance for precipitation is 40%. Increasing clouds, with a high near 46. North wind around 7 mph.

Monday Night: Rain possible. Chance for precipitation is 40%. Cloudy, with a low near 37.

Tuesday: Rain showers possible. Chance for precipitation is 30%. Cloudy, with a high near 49.

Tuesday Night: Rain possible. Chance for precipitation is 30%. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.

Wednesday: Rain possible. Chance for precipitation is 30%. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 53.

Wednesday Night: A slight chance for rain after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.

Thursday: Rain showers possible. The best chance for rain showers is after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 53.

Thursday Night: Rain showers possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 42.

Friday: Rain showers possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 54.

Friday Night: Rain showers possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.

Saturday: Rain possible. Cloudy, with a high around 51.

Maybe I shoulda been careful what I wished for, I may not see the sun for a week! LOL, but no mention of flakes either :cry:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Stormsfury » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:23 pm

The MR progs of a DEEP CLOSED 500MB low and NEG TILT trough failed to materialize, Jacki, due to the mishandling of the pacific jet stream ... The diving southward of that same jet was on the assumption that a ridge in the west with develop in response, thus forcing that jet SE'ward. But the Pacific Jet was not handled well by the model guidance due to (probably) a lack of data in the region in the NW PAC.

SF
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby wx247 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:15 pm

It looks like an unsettled pattern for many areas this weekend in the Plains including Nebraska and Iowa. It is going to be close as far as rain/snow goes.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby breeze » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:25 pm

Looks like we're getting the warm-up, starting
tomorrow - highs 70°'s, lows 50°'s, rest of the
week. Ahhhh...'tis the season - A/C, or, heat?
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby wx247 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:25 pm

I know what you mean Breeze. The weekend forecast depends on where this front stalls. If you are north of it you will be shivering, but if you are south of it you will probably be sweatin'. That is fall for ya. :roll:
0 likes   

IndianaWx
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#7 Postby IndianaWx » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:45 pm

Interesting....

After the July 4-11 Outbreak of Severe Weather in Midwest and Heat, we saw upper 40 degree temperatures the night before flying to Vancouver Canada and then cruising to Alaska. At that time it felt awesome and felt like I could sleep outside without a blanket.

Now, with highs being in the upper 40's I am shivering my butt off. I can't stand sleeping in bed without layers. I have gone as far as putting 2 sleeping bags on my bed. My bed has turned into a mountain, I hate to see during winter if I have to use a ladder to get up it. I hope I don't fall off.

Well anyway if we get 70 degree heat I bet I will be sweating like crazy. I guess your body just adapts to the outside temperatures and trends.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”