Discussions

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Anonymous

Discussions

#1 Postby Anonymous » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:10 am

Just to let everyone know, my discussion page is fully updated about this weekend storm. Go to http://www.indianaweatheronline.com and click discussions at the top of the page. Brandon!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby wx247 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info. Brandon! :)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby JCT777 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:39 pm

Good discussion, Brandon. This storm looks quite interesting indeed.
0 likes   

#4 Postby Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:42 pm

Yep good discussion Brandon...............Big problem out this way will be exactly where that low goes this is especially true for Chicago residents over towards Detroit as far as the heavier snows go................Gonna have my own update as well on this in a short bit!!!!!!
0 likes   

IndianaWx
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#5 Postby IndianaWx » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:41 pm

Not to put all hopes on the latest model runs, but it looks like most/if not all snow will be Wisconsin and Michigan.

We'll see.
0 likes   

Anonymous

#6 Postby Anonymous » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:24 pm

Actually Indianawx, looks like most of central and Northern Indiana will see some snow early next week as wrap around moisture affects us and a clipper like system affects us by mid next week. I will have more on that on my discussion page sometime tonight, and my winter weather discussion for this winter should be out by no later then tomorrow!
0 likes   

#7 Postby Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:11 pm

Well the latest models Euro/Gfs keeps most of the moisture from about Indiana/Ohio east with the low tracking up along the Apps on the east side of them...............I personally think as i just stated in my other thread that there will be more moisture wrapping around this storm then the models are showing...................More or less as of right now (Per the models) most of what snow does fall from this system will fall no farther west then Chicago..............Most of what areas from there west will see will be from the Clippers that Brandon is talking about later in the week.................Right now Michigan looks like ground Zero for the most snow with the big system (again Per the models).................And no im not saying that IL,IN,OH wont get any either just not as much as Mich will get........:)
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Stormsfury » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:49 pm

king of weather wrote:Well the latest models Euro/Gfs keeps most of the moisture from about Indiana/Ohio east with the low tracking up along the Apps on the east side of them...............I personally think as i just stated in my other thread that there will be more moisture wrapping around this storm then the models are showing...................More or less as of right now (Per the models) most of what snow does fall from this system will fall no farther west then Chicago..............Most of what areas from there west will see will be from the Clippers that Brandon is talking about later in the week.................Right now Michigan looks like ground Zero for the most snow with the big system (again Per the models).................And no im not saying that IL,IN,OH wont get any either just not as much as Mich will get........:)

Tonight's EURO indicated a larger moisture field to work with, which I think will end up somewhat limiting the threat of severe wx north of Virginia in the MR, but still quite a bit of wind energy with the storm system.

SF
0 likes   

IndianaWx
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#9 Postby IndianaWx » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:10 pm

Your right brandon. I was quick to accusations. Today clears things up a bit in my mind.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”