By George....I Think Ya'll Are Onto Something!!!!!

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

By George....I Think Ya'll Are Onto Something!!!!!

#1 Postby southerngale » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:26 pm

Yesterday my 5 day forecast was same old stuff.....lows in the 60's, highs in the low to upper 80's and Wednesday's high is 90°!!

Just checked one of my local news stations websites......

Forecast Discussion

AS TALKED ABOUT SINCE LAST WEEKEND WITH THE UPPER PATTERN BECOMING AMPLIFIED, LOOK FOR WINTER TO SHOW IT'S EYES THIS WEEKEND!

Big changes in store by the weekend but before then more nice weather. Look for areas of fog at night with slowly warming lows. With westerly winds Wednesday look for highs to reach the upper 80's to near 90. By Thursday southeasterly winds will return with slowly increasing moisture levels. By Friday look for Windy conditions as storm system gets cranked to our north. I'll keep rain out for Friday as mostly cloudy skies should be the rule. The Weekend looks stormy as strong cold front and upper trough approach the region. Front looks to move through the area late saturday followed by windy, cold weather. Sunday looks cold and cloudy with light rain early. Once upper trough passes Sunday afternoon rain will end. Look for lows in the 30's in the Lakes area by Monday and Tuesday morning with 40's in the Triangle. For those wanting cold..It's coming!
[/b]
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Amanzi » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:33 pm

Send some cold my way Kelly ;)
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby southerngale » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:36 pm

Ok Bron.....as soon as it gets here I will. ;)

Pretty hard to believe right now though because IT'S SO FREAKING HOT outside!! :P

Hit 90° today and the same is expected for tomorrow and what am I doing? Getting my winter clothes out and washed...hehe :roll:
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:53 pm

IM with Amanzi.. Send us Floridians some relief!!!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:27 am

Yep, we are expecting out coldest of the season so far by Mon/Tues. Calling for lows of 45º here in Houston. For us that is considered quite cool, if not cold! We gotta finish this Indian summer we're in first with more highs at or near 90º for the next few days though-UGH!! Even with the temps that high we are having lows in the 50's.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby PTrackerLA » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:27 am

UGH, they the NWS changed our forecast lows from the mid 40's to the low 50's :grr: . It's gonna be a warm winter, I can already tell...
0 likes   

Johnny
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Johnny » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:31 pm

Yep, looking forward to it. Last Halloween had a little coolness to it but the two years before that I was in shorts. I love it when it is cold on Halloween and I'm sure my 3 yr. old would enjoy it too, if it stays cool till then. I'm up here in Conroe and we possibly could see some upper 30's come Monday and Tuesday morning. Sounds good to me.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”