2/9 - 2/10 Storm predictions??

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
jrtalon
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

2/9 - 2/10 Storm predictions??

#1 Postby jrtalon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi I was wondering if any meteorologists can shed some light on the upcoming storm for midweek. The major weather organizations seem to be in disagreement. For my town (Toms River, NJ) weather.gov says rain/sleet/snow mix with only 1 to 2 inches possible. Accuweather is predicting snow with some sleet mixed in on Tuesday night and then all snow Wednesday with near blizzard conditions for a total of 9.8in. Weather.com doesn't mention any precipitation Tuesday night but has snow forecast for Wednesday but there not predicting a total yet. So who is right? It was always my though that accuweather seemed to always go with the worse case scenario but they have been bang on this winter.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: 2/9 - 2/10 Storm predictions??

#2 Postby Ntxw » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 pm

jrtalon wrote:Hi I was wondering if any meteorologists can shed some light on the upcoming storm for midweek. The major weather organizations seem to be in disagreement. For my town (Toms River, NJ) weather.gov says rain/sleet/snow mix with only 1 to 2 inches possible. Accuweather is predicting snow with some sleet mixed in on Tuesday night and then all snow Wednesday with near blizzard conditions for a total of 9.8in. Weather.com doesn't mention any precipitation Tuesday night but has snow forecast for Wednesday but there not predicting a total yet. So who is right? It was always my though that accuweather seemed to always go with the worse case scenario but they have been bang on this winter.

I'm no meteorologist or any sort of pro by any means, but the model consensus is a major disruptive snowfall in the northeast as a coastal low deepens bringing in howling winds. The area most likely to get the worst conditions\heaviest snow as of right now seems to be from Philadelphia to New York City.

The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: 2/9 - 2/10 Storm predictions??

#3 Postby Stephanie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

You may get less since you are closer to the coast, but I still think you'll be in for a decent sized snowfall as well.

The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”