New Hampshire Mountains (white mountains)....awesome

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
cpdaman
Category 5
Category 5

New Hampshire Mountains (white mountains)....awesome

#1 Postby cpdaman » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 pm

ok took trip to white mountains (bretton woods) area and will add some pics as soon as late tonite/ monday...

well most people who follow weather knew that a very powerful nor'easter came over New England last Friday/ Friday Nite and for most people it was a rain out as there was a very "awful" pacific airmass preceding the storm and a complete lack of cold air in East canada that the storm had to work with.

Even with this being said the higher terrain of Northern New England had enough of a cool airmass in late novemeber for snow to fall....especially in the northern 2/3 of (VT/NH) .....as i drove up 93....there was no snow all the way to about exit 33!.......i knew from the public info statement that the towns in and around bretton woods had approx 12 inches give or take with some mountains reporting more....so as we got toward cannon mountain and around 1600 feet the snow had accumulated..nearly a foot ...we continued up 93 and turned east on exit 35....route 3...the snow in that area around 1300-1500 feet was between 8-12 inches or so......continued till the route 3/ 302 interchance and enjoyed a day snowboarding at bretton woods.....12-18 inches of new snow had fallen....awesome day....lots of fun.

P.S before we left i took the road that goes to the Cog Railroad (the one that goes to mt. washington).......i think the elevation was approx 2700 hundred feet or so at the top of that road and even had a nice little hike on some trail that goes uptoward mt. washington......measured snow up to my elbow ....which was about 17-18 inches more powdery as well. Will add pics took a ton. People were talking about how they lost power on Fri/ sat so between 1500-2000 feet defintely a Heavy mashed potato type wet snow.

2300 ft. on way to cog railway base where there was 16-19 inches

mt. washington hotel resort....1550-1600 ft. ..11-13 inches

0 likes   

cpdaman
Category 5
Category 5

Re: New Hampshire Mountains (white mountains)....awesome

#2 Postby cpdaman » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:51 am

more pics

0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby brunota2003 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:14 pm

I love the snow! I HATE the cold :lol: Pretty pictures though, reminds me of the 3" we got back in April right after I reported to Fort Drum.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Stephanie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Absolutely stunning! I was only up at Mt. Washington once in the summertime.

New England is a wonderful place full of history and natural beauty.
0 likes   

cpdaman
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby cpdaman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 pm

0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”