Thought I would Say Hey, and Add a few coments

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Anonymous

Thought I would Say Hey, and Add a few coments

#1 Postby Anonymous » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:16 pm

Hey everyone, its been a while since I have been over here, so I thought i would stop by and say hi.

Been following this weekend system very closely and have been very diappointed with the gfs inconsistency so far. As of right now though, it looks like this will be an extremely strong system for October. Definitely severe weather from Georgia through Ohio, and some possible tornados in the southern end of that area. Cold heavy rain will fall across Indiana, parts of Illinois, Missouri and Kentucky. Those areas could see as much as 2 to 3 inches of rain. I have noticed the models trending a little farther east with the track of this system, and if that would occur, the snow swath would be farther east. As of right now, accumulating snow looks to fall from Northern Illinois, Eastern Iowa, Southern Wisconsin and parts of Michigan, with light wrap around snow falling in parts of Indiana and Ohio. Could see some accumulating snow, at least as of right now, as far east as the Indiana/Illinois boarder. Like i said though, some of the latest models have been trending farther east with this storm, and if this occurs, the snow swath will also be farther east. After this system moves through, some cold air will filter in, but it looks like big time arctic air will be here by the beginning of November. Some accumulating snow for parts of the Ohio Valley is also possible by very early November. STAY TUNED! For more, go to my website at http://www.indianaweatheronline.com and also click on my discussion page for full discussions updated quite often!
0 likes   

Daktar
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#2 Postby Daktar » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:43 pm

well as this fall cycle continues we all brace for the WINTER...and more than this marvel we also get to ALL be made FOOLS of by the GFS!! I believe this system is state of the art however it is just the tip of tommorrows tools however my genral feeling is the GFS is as accurate as spinning the wheel..Yes it is a good tool for a general however don't right it in stone..I also believe it is more accurate futher north you live..If the 144 was right last year we should have seen an EVENT in the DEEEEEP.....SOUTH...what happened???? Half hour of light sleet!!! If i would have followed the gfs i would own a snowmobile...Any way the point is here in the deep south the gfs misses storm strenghts and Temps more time then right!!! However we shall look and see what this years run will be like..And yes i am still looking for the storm larger than the DIXIE snow storm of 63....
0 likes   

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby JCT777 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:58 am

Should be some very interesting weather next week for the central US and the midwest. Some areas seem likely to get their first accumulating snow of the season.
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”