Potential Dumb Question Alert

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Potential Dumb Question Alert

#1 Postby wx247 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:09 pm

How far out in advance does the European model go? I ask because there is some real "smart" person on our local tv weather forum who claims the Euro goes out until the end of February. He also claims there are no winter storms on the model through that time. I know he is bogus but I just wanted to have proof. Thanks for humoring me for this silly question.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

Re: Potential Dumb Question Alert

#2 Postby Dionne » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:50 pm

To this novice.....the graphics only go out 10 days on the opening page I use for the Euro. There may be more hidden somewhere, I dunno?
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:55 pm

PM one of our pro mets for a definie answer unless someone on here can give a definite answer.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#4 Postby Ntxw » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:58 pm

I think it would be crazy to say there will be or won't be winter storms that far out, heck we have trouble with them even at 12-36hrs out! How can you say something will or will not happen when it hasn't even formed yet. If there is an extended outlook on the euro that far out (most of the detailed info is paid service) I would believe it's only for temperature trends etc. Anything beyond 7 days from what I am told is an educated guess.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

RNGR
Military Member
Military Member

#5 Postby RNGR » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 pm

False
0 likes   
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep"

Return to “Winter Weather”