ATL: HERMINE - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 99L - Models

#21 Postby gatorcane » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:00 pm

cycloneye wrote:12z UKMET is bullish at mid range.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/21qts0.jpg

Wow that is interesting. Luis, definitely need to keep a close watch on this one with the UKMET on board.

Also it appears there is actually a ridge over the Eastern Seaboard of the U.S. in a week's time too according to the UKMET.
0 likes   

BobHarlem
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby BobHarlem » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Hmm a classic "model war" setup for a long track cape verde system that we haven't seen in a while. Euro being the weak one w/ west Carib, and GFS heading into the Bahamas. Either way not good for the E. Caribbean, and ripe for intense wobble watching and model trend watching. It'll be interesting to see if the climatological "stronger storm likely to head north/weaker west" holds here. (And I know that's an oversimplification)
Splitting the difference puts it into Florida/Gulf the last few days of August.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:31 pm

18z GFS looks to initialize this too far east.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

p1nheadlarry
Category 2
Category 2

#24 Postby p1nheadlarry » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:16 pm

gatorcane wrote:
cycloneye wrote:12z UKMET is bullish at mid range.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/21qts0.jpg

Wow that is interesting. Luis, definitely need to keep a close watch on this one with the UKMET on board.

Also it appears there is actually a ridge over the Eastern Seaboard of the U.S. in a week's time too according to the UKMET.

That would be bad for the gulf, right? Unless there's a weakness that could allow it to pass between Bermuda and the OBX/CapeCod, obviously lots of time to find out..
0 likes   
--;->#GoNoles--;->.

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#25 Postby Alyono » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:28 pm

18z mu stronger
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby Hurricaneman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Alyono wrote:18z mu stronger

and looks like through the lesser Antilles and out looking at that weakness

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service
1 likes   

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#27 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:29 pm

OTS this run probably.
0 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby Blown Away » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Seems a developing system would move poleward through the NE Caribbean and weaker TW moves westward...
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05... EYE COMING MY WAY IN 2024…
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby Hurricaneman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:31 pm

tarheelprogrammer wrote:OTS this run probably.

maybe but at 186hrs the ridge is trying to build in which would cause some worry especially in the Bahamas

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#30 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Why do you say that?

Last frame so far.

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:33 pm

tolakram wrote:

Why do you say that?

Last frame so far.

Moving north at frame 198. Should say hour. Barely any movement west. I could be wrong it just looks that way to me.
0 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#32 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:34 pm

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#33 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Caveat here is 1. This is the GFS and 2. This is now the GFS past 192 and the upper air skill has been pretty bad this year.
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#34 Postby Hurricaneman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Looks like according to the GFS might turn back west or WNW with that ridge to its north

1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#35 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:38 pm

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#36 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:38 pm

tolakram wrote:Caveat here is 1. This is the GFS and 2. This is now the GFS past 192 and the upper air skill has been pretty bad this year.

No argument here just pointing out what it did this run.
0 likes   

p1nheadlarry
Category 2
Category 2

#37 Postby p1nheadlarry » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:38 pm

tarheelprogrammer wrote:
tolakram wrote:

Why do you say that?

Last frame so far.

Moving north at frame 198. Should say hour. Barely any movement west. I could be wrong it just looks that way to me.

I'll have to look at the whole 384 but that blocking high over the US is concerning for the gulf/FL, obviously the islands. Still looking for a possible solution where it finds a weakness and curves off the coast of NA. A couple ensemble members have that.
1 likes   
--;->#GoNoles--;->.

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Hurricaneman wrote:Looks like according to the GFS might turn back west or WNW with that ridge to its north

Yeah we do not need that. Hope not. :eek:
0 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#39 Postby Blinhart » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:41 pm

We don't need this one or the next one or the next one to come into the Gulf, we need the land to dry out some, but here in South Louisiana is still getting rain.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

p1nheadlarry
Category 2
Category 2

#40 Postby p1nheadlarry » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:41 pm

tolakram wrote:Image

Pushing major status that run, off to watch the loop in full

edit: silly me, the run is ongoing. I knew that.. :eek:
0 likes   
--;->#GoNoles--;->.

Return to “2016”