ATL: DANNY - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

supercane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#1741 Postby supercane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:46 pm

ozonepete wrote:It's ok to occasionally state your gut feeling but we have casual viewers here who might believe you ... let's get back to the science. :)

If you'll oblige as well, as I have little reason to believe your contention that
ozonepete wrote:the naked center you see is not the LLC

especially given recon data and NHC stating in their discussion that "The low-level circulation center became exposed to the southwest of the main area of deep convection." Unless, of course, you're implying that the reason that the apparent center is not the center is that a center doesn't exist at all :)

Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re: ATL: DANNY - Tropical Storm- Discussion

#1742 Postby wxman57 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:50 pm

The plane has flown through that naked swirl already. They didn't find any surface circulation center. Danny appears to lack one now, making it a open wave/remnant low.
0 likes   

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#1743 Postby AutoPenalti » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Danny died. RIP. 2015-2015.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1744 Postby SFLcane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:52 pm

SouthFloridawx wrote:We're all still hungover from the 2005 season.

You think.. :double:
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#1745 Postby Hammy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:57 pm

wxman57 wrote:The plane has flown through that naked swirl already. They didn't find any surface circulation center. Danny appears to lack one now, making it a open wave/remnant low.

Will they likely keep the advisories going until it passes the islands though, or thinking final advisory later?
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SouthFLTropics
Category 5
Category 5

#1746 Postby SouthFLTropics » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Is it just me or does the most recent IR loop of Danny look like Pac Man dying after he's chomped by the ghosts. I saw the loop and the sound effect went off in my head.

SFT
0 likes   
Fourth Generation Floridian...With lots of storm knowledge passed down from my elders...

Personal Storm History: David 79, Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05, Matthew 16, Irma 17

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1747 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:16 pm

supercane wrote:
ozonepete wrote:It's ok to occasionally state your gut feeling but we have casual viewers here who might believe you ... let's get back to the science. :)

If you'll oblige as well, as I have little reason to believe your contention that
ozonepete wrote:the naked center you see is not the LLC

especially given recon data and NHC stating in their discussion that "The low-level circulation center became exposed to the southwest of the main area of deep convection." Unless, of course, you're implying that the reason that the apparent center is not the center is that a center doesn't exist at all :)

That's what I'm basically saying. As wxman57 just told you, they flew through that swirl everyone is calling the center and there is no LLC there.

What I am trying to point out is that there is an overall mid-level rotation and that MLC has multiple (right now I think it's 3) small swirls that spin up quickly and rotate under the general MLC. They continually get ejected from the main circulation and then new ones form. If this process continues after the shear dies down, one swirl will spin up into an LLC that stacks up with the MLC. There is still a possibility that will happen in Danny tonight or tomorrow. But the one that NHC was following and we still can see is toast - it's too far from the general COC or MLC to remain viable. That's all I'm saying. I don't actually think it will make it either but I want to see what happens overnight. :)
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1748 Postby MGC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Time to administer the last rites to Danny.......MGC
0 likes   

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1749 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm

MGC wrote:Time to administer the last rites to Danny.......MGC

Wait for the rains to end in the Islands. They don't need to get caught by a flash flood because they thought it was safe to go out.
0 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re:

#1750 Postby Alyono » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Stormcenter wrote:The excerpt below is from the 4pm CDT NWS discussion out of New Orleans, LA. Is the easterly wave they are referring to the remains of Danny?

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
401 PM CDT SUN AUG 23 2015

.LONG TERM...
NO MAJOR CHANGES IN THE FORECAST. STILL LOOKS LIKE PLEASANT
WEATHER WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE REST OF THE WEEK. HAVE ADJUSTED
DEWPOINTS AND TEMPERATURES DOWN WITH A BLEND OF GUIDANCE. THE
LONG WAVE TROUGH HANGS AROUND THROUGH MUCH OF THE WEEK KEEPING
THINGS FAIRLY DRY AND VERY NICE. DP TEMPS LOOK TO BEGIN INCREASING
AGAIN BY NEXT WEEKEND AS ANOTHER EASTERLY WAVE MOVES INTO THE
GULF. 13/MH

may be 98L
0 likes   

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#1751 Postby Nederlander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:29 pm

NCSTORMMAN wrote:Well my prediction from yesterday actually turns out to be correct. Went from category 3 to tropical storm to nothing in 3 days.

aaaaand how many times have you flip flopped on Danny in the process??
0 likes   

NCSTORMMAN

#1752 Postby NCSTORMMAN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Nederlander wrote:
NCSTORMMAN wrote:Well my prediction from yesterday actually turns out to be correct. Went from category 3 to tropical storm to nothing in 3 days.

A billion times. That is why I said from yesterday. Danny did look like he was trying this morning but it was his last breath. Many upon many people have flip flopped on here as well. The weather is a tricky thing don't you know?
0 likes   

Weatherlover12
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#1753 Postby Weatherlover12 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Nederlander wrote:

Yippee! We'll give you a cookie for bring right!
0 likes   

NCSTORMMAN

#1754 Postby NCSTORMMAN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Weatherlover12 wrote:
Nederlander wrote:

Yippee! We'll give you a cookie for bring right!

MMMMMMMMMM cookies give me all the cookies and no one gets hurt.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#1755 Postby tolakram » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Stop with the bickering and one line comments.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#1756 Postby wxman57 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Hammy wrote:
wxman57 wrote:The plane has flown through that naked swirl already. They didn't find any surface circulation center. Danny appears to lack one now, making it a open wave/remnant low.

Will they likely keep the advisories going until it passes the islands though, or thinking final advisory later?

They won't continue advisories on a system that lacks a circulation (usually).
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#1757 Postby tolakram » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:43 pm

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Hurricane Jed
Category 2
Category 2

#1758 Postby Hurricane Jed » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Hammy wrote:

A final advisory and they may or may not give a mention in the TWO of a chance of regeneration (likely low chance)
0 likes   

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1759 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Looks almost exactly like it did last night - like swiss cheese. :lol:
0 likes   

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1760 Postby Nederlander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:57 pm

tolakram wrote:Stop with the bickering and one line comments.

Sorry if my post was off-topic or "bickering", ban me if you see fit, but I think it's important that we don't rush to judgement one way or the other in regards to the tropics. Somebody may lurk on here and read that a system is dead or that he's going to be a monster which could spread ignorance of facts or spread panic. There's nothing personal about it, I just think Danny is a perfect example of why the tropics are so unpredictable sometimes and often there's much more at play than what appears. Everyone should be able to give their opinion on here, but I am much more encouraged when there's something scientific or there's data to back it up. Most of us are here to learn and we looks to the pros and more experienced hobbyists for that knowledge. I don't want that to be in vain. That's what's important. Now back to topic at hand..

NHC has done a great job with Danny. They have proven again that they are a very reliable source for watching the tropics. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow holds. He is looking quite ragged now but we will see during DMAX if he has any fight left.
0 likes   

Return to “2015”