ATL: RICHARD - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Vortex
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL : RICHARD - Models

#361 Postby Vortex » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:51 pm

ROCK wrote:Man, I went into hibernation for awhile and here we have Richard.....just going by recent guidance I would say a Yuc landfall is pretty good bet. Need to do my homework before I venture to guess what happens afterwards......heat potential though or MHP looks ok to me....

http://wxmaps.org/pix/hurpot.html#ATL

granted if the upper air environment is condusive to intensification after the exit....

good to be back.... :D

good to see you around rock...
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#362 Postby Ntxw » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:54 pm

It's just one run, the trend has been south though got to admit. How many times this year have we seen storms go off into CA/Mexico via the western highway? Won't be the first that's for sure, eerie how some things don't change!
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

MWatkins
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#363 Postby MWatkins » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:31 am

Wouldnt be surprised, at all, if the 0Z GFDL/HWRF models shift north again. Looks to be a short term break in the ridge like the 12Z guidance.

MW
0 likes   
Updating on the twitter now: http://www.twitter.com/@watkinstrack

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#364 Postby Ivanhater » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 am

00z HWRF into Belize

0 likes   
Michael

Weatherfreak000

#365 Postby Weatherfreak000 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:42 am

^^^
No such shift North. Not likely to happen at all IMO. Trends pretty much set.
0 likes   

MWatkins
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#366 Postby MWatkins » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:48 am

Weatherfreak000 wrote:^^^

Yep. Looks like I was reading the break incorrectly...there is still a lot that can change, but this is looking more and more like a rain problem for Belize and Honduras.

The fact that this did not ramp up in the last 24 hours has pretty much locked a westward path in.

See you in 2011, maybe!

Mike
0 likes   
Updating on the twitter now: http://www.twitter.com/@watkinstrack

Weatherfreak000

#367 Postby Weatherfreak000 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:54 am

^^^
There is still time overnight for Richard I believe to ramp up pretty rapidly. Tonight, Richard has a good structure and if im reading shear maps it appears an odd little 5 Knot increase of shear has just recently impacted Richard, maybe that helped hurt it earlier today. The only variable we cannot account for yet is what Richard does in ideal conditions. I believe by midday tomorrow we can see a considerable increase in organization with Richard.
0 likes   

crownweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#368 Postby crownweather » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:50 am

Is it me or has the 06Z GFS model shifted slightly to the north?? Also 06Z GFS forecasts it to seemingly sit over the Bay of Campeche for a while next week waiting for the trough to essentially shear it out.
0 likes   
Rob Lightbown
Crown Weather Services
https://crownweather.com

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#369 Postby boca » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:57 am

Florida is going to dodge another storm the 2010 streak continues.
0 likes   

x-y-no
Category 5
Category 5

#370 Postby x-y-no » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:08 am

6z HWRF stalls it on the coast of Belize at 84 hours, finally takes it inland into Belize at 120 hours.

That would be a nasty rain event for them.
0 likes   

x-y-no
Category 5
Category 5

#371 Postby x-y-no » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 am

6z GFDL hits the Belize/Mexico border, exits the Yucatan at the NW corner.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#372 Postby cycloneye » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:16 am

x-y-no wrote:6z GFDL hits the Belize/Mexico border, exits the Yucatan at the NW corner.

Jan,is interesting that 06z GFDL after it crosses Yucatan, it actually gets stronger in the GOM.

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/gfdltc2. ... =Animation
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#373 Postby boca » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:17 am

How unusual would it be to get a Luisiana hit at the end of Oct,throw out climotology.
0 likes   

otowntiger
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#374 Postby otowntiger » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:38 am

MWatkins wrote:

Yep. Looks like I was reading the break incorrectly...there is still a lot that can change, but this is looking more and more like a rain problem for Belize and Honduras.

The fact that this did not ramp up in the last 24 hours has pretty much locked a westward path in.

See you in 2011, maybe!

Mike
Yep another yawner. I was hoping we could get some nice soaking rain out of this. Apparently it'll all be kept way to the west. Our dry season started early. It's been 23 days of no rain here.
0 likes   

boca
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#375 Postby boca » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:48 am

otowntiger wrote:
MWatkins wrote:

See you in 2011, maybe!

Mike
Yep another yawner. I was hoping we could get some nice soaking rain out of this. Apparently it'll all be kept way to the west. Our dry season started early. It's been 23 days of no rain here.

Where not going to get rain in this state due to La Nina till next June happy fire season :grr:
0 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#376 Postby Blown Away » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:09 am

Buried over Yucatan or big storm for SFL seemed like the only real possibilites. Looks like hurricane landfall and death over Yucatan, for now. Looking at the 06z models am I reading correctly that some have slowed some w/ a delayed landfall on the Yucatan?
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#377 Postby Stormcenter » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:22 am

Not unusual but unlikely and if it were to happen it more then likely
would be a sheared mess.

boca wrote:How unusual would it be to get a Luisiana hit at the end of Oct,throw out climotology.
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#378 Postby LarryWx » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:41 am

boca wrote:Florida is going to dodge another storm the 2010 streak continues.

Boca,
It is way to early to give up on this for Florida, especially south FL.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#379 Postby Ntxw » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:45 am

LarryWx wrote:

Boca,

I think for now Florida is pretty safe. There's nothing to indicate Richard will make a trip there via a strong tropical entity, if anything it's trending even more safe for the peninsula.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#380 Postby LarryWx » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 am

Ntxw wrote:
LarryWx wrote:

Boca,

I think for now Florida is pretty safe. There's nothing to indicate Richard will make a trip there via a strong tropical entity, if anything it's trending even more safe for the peninsula.

Ntxw,
However, Boca's wording suggested that he was giving up totally ("going to dodge another storm"). I'm just saying that it is still much too early in my mind to know that with very high confidence. Even your wording allows you to cover your behind since you said "I think for now Florida is pretty safe". The words "for now" and "pretty" are qualifiers of sorts. You didn't say "I think Florida is safe", which would be the equivalent of what Boca said in my mind.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2010”