CD-RW Drive

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

CD-RW Drive

#1 Postby pojo » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:23 pm

I'm not sure how to phrase this problem, but I'll give it my best.

I just recently purchased a Iomega Predator CD-RW Drive and my computer isn't recognizing the drive. Because of my hook-up, it was suggested to also purchase a USB 2.0 card. I have a 1200 Compaq Presario Notebook... with Windows ME....Usually, it would sense something new, but in this case it doesn't. I've played with it as much as i could, and so did Circuit City, but it still is a mystery! I'm going to try Best Buy on Wednesday to get this problem figured out.

I can install it to a certain point....which means, I can not fully complete the installation. It says Folders are missing on my notebook??? Circuit City possible is assuming that I need a Windows Update....but I'm not sure what to expect. Iomega Hot Burn is also acting funny....normally 4 minute songs are being stretched to 25 minute songs! Don't ask me how, but this is just a big mess! I've installed and uninstalled, and then again, installed, and still the same problems. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Would anyone know how to attack these problems?
0 likes   

VanceWxMan

#2 Postby VanceWxMan » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:03 am

I have never heard of the Iomega Predator CD-RW Drive :(
OK here is your problem
Your running WIN ME! LOL
hmm the puter will not plug and pray...oops play
so that tells me that the device is not a plug and play device (should be) or you need to install the drivers for that device...usually comes with the drive on a CDrom. Did you connect it to the IDE? is it internal or external? Let me know.

Aaron
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#3 Postby pojo » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:14 am

I finally connected it! Took me long enough. :D :D :D :D Luckily, I keep all my "notebook" CD's in my bag.........Thankfully, I have a Compaq CD that had the driver directions on it. Once I figured out those directions, it was a piece of cake! I typed those directio0ns in...and Shebang!!!!! Poof! All installed! :D :D

I actually don't mind WIN ME.....although, it can be a pain in the royal arse at times! Supposedly 'as the destructions say' these drives are plug and play.....nope, not in my case! ............. It had to be an External drive....I have a funny CDRom drive on my notebook which limits me from purchasing any internal drivers.

The Iomega Drive ended up being faulty....I had one of my friends look at it, and he was like go get another drive. I was told to get a HP External drive, but there was not any available. I went back to Circuit City and purchased a TDK external drive. (TDK as in Electronic Equipment) Works like a Charm!
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”