Has Anyone Played Hurricane Outbreak?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

storm_in_a_teacup
Category 1
Category 1

Has Anyone Played Hurricane Outbreak?

#1 Postby storm_in_a_teacup » Fri May 10, 2024 5:50 pm

I recently found out about this Pandemic-style mobile game where you play as a hurricane called Hurricane Outbreak? I have never played it but I was wondering if anyone here has, and what your opinion on it was. I know free to play mobile games tend to get very greedy as you get farther in the game
0 likes   
I know I can't straddle the atmosphere...just a tiny storm in your teacup, girl.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Has Anyone Played Hurricane Outbreak?

#2 Postby chaser1 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:10 am

Interesting! I'll have to look that one up, but I've never heard of it.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

storm_in_a_teacup
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Has Anyone Played Hurricane Outbreak?

#3 Postby storm_in_a_teacup » Sat May 11, 2024 10:00 am

Your mileage may vary. I tried playing it last night and I wasn’t too impressed with it. There is a “realistic” mode, but it doesn’t actually get most of the science right (the biggest thing I notice is that when you’re a tropical depression, you look like a hurricane just smaller, which is definitely not right). It also like Pandemic or Plague Inc has you have the ultimate goal of hitting land and causing as much destruction and death as possible, and if you have seen my art and writing, I don’t think most hurricanes would have this goal if they were sentient. But I guess it’s easier to put conflict in the game if you make it about that as opposed to “delivering heat and moisture to the higher latitudes” :lol:
1 likes   
I know I can't straddle the atmosphere...just a tiny storm in your teacup, girl.

Return to “Off Topic”