Louisiana Recovery and Coastal Restoration Plans

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

Louisiana Recovery and Coastal Restoration Plans

#1 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:16 pm

Complete Text of the 2006 Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration

Preliminary Technical Report to the United States Congress:

I posted this in "Off Topic" on my "News from the Central Gulf..." thread but since I figured a lot don't visit that forum, I might as well post a copy of this document here. The complete text is at the link below :darrow:
It is an in-depth and interesting read... sheds some VERY important insights for folks who don't realize just how important the Louisiana ports/economy/ and wetlands are to this nation as a whole:

http://www.nola.com/katrina/pdf/071106_LCPR_2006.pdf

My BIGGEST issue is what I KNEW all along would take place... they simply will NOT get rid of the MRGO.... plans call for "modifications"... big change from right after the storm when the mantra was to CLOSE this monster!.... Well, IMHO, the big bucks will fly, till more people die... because MRGO has just too much "intere$t" in the area, and where that kind of intere$t is, people are a secondary concern. St. Bernard has my deepest condolensces, as this is all but a kiss of death--IMO.

A2K
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”