This is a "Popular Myth" ?????????????????????

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

This is a "Popular Myth" ?????????????????????

#1 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:28 pm

New Orleans grapples with its 'hurricane highway'

6/11/2006, 4:40 p.m. CT
By CAIN BURDEAU
The Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A "hurricane highway" blamed for flooding southeast Louisiana during Hurricane Katrina will likely become the subject of an intense debate in the coming months as commerce is pitted against the environment and public safety.

Under a spending bill President George Bush is expected to sign this week, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will be given more than $3 million to study whether the Mississippi River- Gulf Outlet should be closed to ships.

The outlet, commonly known as the Mr. Go or MRGO, was built in the 1960s as a shortcut between the heavily industrialized eastern portions of New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico. At 76 miles, the channel is longer than the Panama Canal.

But since construction, the channel has turned into a monster, scientists say, by eating at the freshwater marsh and swamp forests that once thrived southeast of New Orleans. As the channel widened, it became a conduit for storm surge and acquired the nickname "hurricane highway."

"As long as it is there, New Orleans is not sustainable," said Carlton Dufrechou of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation.

The channel has become the culprit for residents and politicians of St. Bernard Parish, which was wiped out by Katrina. Only four structures in the parish did not sustain damage, officials say.

"MRGO has caused us more devastation than we care to think about," said Larry Ingargiola, the parish's emergency preparedness director. Closing it, he said, has been "the No. 1 project on our agenda every year."

But the Corps remains reluctant to say the Mr. Go is a storm surge conduit.

Jim Ward, deputy director of a Corps task force rebuilding the region's flood defenses, called that notion "a popular myth."

He said studies have shown the channel does not increase storm surge.

The report to Congress — due in December — could go in many directions, and it could even recommend continuing to allow deep-draft vessels to run up and down the channel.

Shipping and commercial interests are likely to throw up the biggest road blocks to closing Mr. Go, which is the only lane to the sea for many businesses in New Orleans East.

"There are some businesses back there that can't, unfortunately, relocate to the (Mississippi) river," said Sean Duffy of the Steamship Association of Louisiana. If the channel is closed to ship traffic, he said, some businesses would move out of the state.

"We have members who would hate to see it close," he said.

Adam Sharp, a spokesman for U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., acknowledged the dueling interests: Business vs. public safety.

"There is an urgent need to move forward with a closure plan, but there's also an urgent need to keep the gateway to American commerce functioning," the spokesman said.

Aaron Viles, campaign director for the Gulf Restoration Network, a New Orleans-based environmental group, said officials are being forced into action because of a confluence of factors — a heap of bad press, Katrina's devastation and a growing awareness of Louisiana's wetlands losses.

But, he said, "the real question mark is what will that (Corps) plan look like."

For his part, Ingargiola remained skeptical. "Until I see it (closed), I don't believe it."

Under a spending bill President George Bush is expected to sign this week, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will be given more than $3 million to study whether the Mississippi River- Gulf Outlet should be closed to ships.

The outlet, commonly known as the Mr. Go or MRGO, was built in the 1960s as a shortcut between the heavily industrialized eastern portions of New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico. At 76 miles, the channel is longer than the Panama Canal.

But since construction, the channel has turned into a monster, scientists say, by eating at the freshwater marsh and swamp forests that once thrived southeast of New Orleans. As the channel widened, it became a conduit for storm surge and acquired the nickname "hurricane highway."

"As long as it is there, New Orleans is not sustainable," said Carlton Dufrechou of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation.

The channel has become the culprit for residents and politicians of St. Bernard Parish, which was wiped out by Katrina. Only four structures in the parish did not sustain damage, officials say.

"MRGO has caused us more devastation than we care to think about," said Larry Ingargiola, the parish's emergency preparedness director. Closing it, he said, has been "the No. 1 project on our agenda every year."

But the Corps remains reluctant to say the Mr. Go is a storm surge conduit.

Jim Ward, deputy director of a Corps task force rebuilding the region's flood defenses, called that notion "a popular myth."

He said studies have shown the channel does not increase storm surge.

The report to Congress — due in December — could go in many directions, and it could even recommend continuing to allow deep-draft vessels to run up and down the channel.

Shipping and commercial interests are likely to throw up the biggest road blocks to closing Mr. Go, which is the only lane to the sea for many businesses in New Orleans East.

"There are some businesses back there that can't, unfortunately, relocate to the (Mississippi) river," said Sean Duffy of the Steamship Association of Louisiana. If the channel is closed to ship traffic, he said, some businesses would move out of the state.

"We have members who would hate to see it close," he said.

Adam Sharp, a spokesman for U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., acknowledged the dueling interests: Business vs. public safety.

"There is an urgent need to move forward with a closure plan, but there's also an urgent need to keep the gateway to American commerce functioning," the spokesman said.

Aaron Viles, campaign director for the Gulf Restoration Network, a New Orleans-based environmental group, said officials are being forced into action because of a confluence of factors — a heap of bad press, Katrina's devastation and a growing awareness of Louisiana's wetlands losses.

But, he said, "the real question mark is what will that (Corps) plan look like."

For his part, Ingargiola remained skeptical. "Until I see it (closed), I don't believe it."
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:35 pm

S'cuse me??

I was THERE when it brought in the surge from BETSY that flooded my neighborhood.

Was that a "Popular Myth?"

Virtually every scientist has conceded that it has been a DISASTER to the wetland areas it has DESTROYED.

Is that a "Popular Myth?"

Note above article :uarrow: :uarrow: All but FOUR structures in the entirety of St. Bernard Parish were damaged by floodwaters. Is THAT a "Popular Myth??"

Are all the actual PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE clearly showing it being OVERTOPPED durng Katrina... just more, "Popular Myths?"

Tell that to the over 1500 dead people and their families!!!

Trying my hardest to stay AWAY from the Political aspect of this hot-button issue, I simply want to focus on the quote: "Popular Myth?"

This is incredible. I can only hope and pray the good people of St. Bernard band together in no uncertain terms and give them a very UNmythical dose of their minds in debunking the complete MYTH, that this monstrosity's penchant for being a hurricane conduit is a "Popular Myth".... OMG... sorry, but this quote goes beyond the pale, and I just needed to vent.

/rant!

The MRGO NEEDS TO GO!

A2K
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby MGC » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:08 pm

The MRGO has without question in my mind is responsible for the destruction of the wetlands in St. Benard and Orleans Parishes. Do you remember the pontoon bridge that use to span MRGO back in the 60's? My Mom hated to drive on that thing when we use to go visit relatives in Chalmette. I can remember all the cypress trees in that area. They are all dead now from salt water. Funny, but did St. Benard or New Orleans East flood before MRGO was constructed? Not that I can recall........MGC
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:13 pm

Oh I sure do remember that bridge... it was right past the little bridge over Bayou Bienvenue.... we used to call it the "rockity-bockity bridge"... I've seen pictures of how much that MONSTER has widened in killing all the wetland areas. Whoever is this COE spokesperson he needs to be FIRED because his comment is patently STUPID.

And no... both the floods of Betsy AND Katrina were attributable to this killer conduit.

A2K
0 likes   
Flossy 56, Audrey 57, Hilda 64*, Betsy 65*, Camille 69*, Edith 71, Carmen 74, Bob 79, Danny, 85, Elena 85, Juan 85, Florence 88, Andrew 92*, Opal 95, Danny 97, Georges 98*, Isidore 02, Lili 02, Ivan 04, Cindy 05*, Dennis 05, Katrina 05*, Gustav 08*, Isaac 12*, Nate 17, Barry 19, Cristobal 20, Marco, 20, Sally, 20, Zeta 20*, Claudette 21 IDA* 21

TSmith274
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby TSmith274 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:25 am

This is an unbelievable statement. I can only assume this guy is clinging to a technicality in his statement that it doesn't "increase storm surge". Ok, fine so it doesn't "increase" it. That's not the point... it funnels and targets storm surges at the heart of populated areas. It makes it easier for ships to get to New Orleans, and it also makes it easier for storm surges to get to New Orleans. Seems pretty simple to me.

It shouldn't suprise anyone... that a bunch of dunces who didn't foresee 15 foot sheet piling driven into muck as perhaps a little dangerous... would be so blind to the dangers of the MRGO. The claims that the corps is incompetent aren't just hollow insults. Listen to them... hear what nonsense they spew... look at their work... see the blood on their hands... It's not a suspicion of incompetence. It is FACT. They are an absolute disgrace to this country.
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm

It's not a suspicion of incompetence. It is FACT. They are an absolute disgrace to this country.

For any of them actully DEFENDING the MRGO... this is VERY TRUE!

A2K
0 likes   
Flossy 56, Audrey 57, Hilda 64*, Betsy 65*, Camille 69*, Edith 71, Carmen 74, Bob 79, Danny, 85, Elena 85, Juan 85, Florence 88, Andrew 92*, Opal 95, Danny 97, Georges 98*, Isidore 02, Lili 02, Ivan 04, Cindy 05*, Dennis 05, Katrina 05*, Gustav 08*, Isaac 12*, Nate 17, Barry 19, Cristobal 20, Marco, 20, Sally, 20, Zeta 20*, Claudette 21 IDA* 21

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#7 Postby Dionne » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:12 am

Last night on the National Geographic channel there was a 2 hour program on the flooding of NOLA. Something that I was not aware of was an area known as "the funnel"......it's where MRGO meets the river.

The program listed a time frame in the flooding. First it was MRGO and the river....then the canals from Ponchartrain. It appears that even if MRGO did not exist, the flooding would have still happened.

It was a very interesting program. From what I gathered, General Honore did one helluva job! I particulary enjoyed his simple statement to a soldier under his command when he instructed him to "Make it Happen".
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:30 am

Let me prefix this with a clear declaration that none of what follows is aimed at you, Dionne, as I suspect you are unfamiliar with the area; but having lived here all my life I am acutely aware that some of the conclusions you've drawn are seriouly flawed--if this program led you to arrive at them, it isn't your fault--but I MUST clarify these matter if for no other reason than that the souls of over 1200 DEAD people for whom the infamous MRGO has, in my honest estimation been their principle agent of execution cry out for a refutation:

Last night on the National Geographic channel there was a 2 hour program on the flooding of NOLA. Something that I was not aware of was an area known as "the funnel"......it's where MRGO meets the river.

Not correct. The MRGO creates the "funnel" effect because it does just that, "funnels" into another water channel known as the Intercoastal Waterway. (The MRGO runs from SEtoNW from Below Lake Borgne into the Gulf. The ICW runs from the NE to WSW ABOVE Lake Borgne into where it MERGES with the MRGO--Hence "Funnel") These two join together heading E/W and meet at a North/South waterway between Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River, called the Industrial Canal.

It appears that even if MRGO did not exist, the flooding would have still happened.

I know for a fact that this can not have been what the program said (perhaps it may have led you to imply this--but in no way could they have made such a glaringly false or misleading statement). "The flooding" was 80 percent of the city... of which an estimated 70% of THAT flooding came directly or indirectly as a result of breaches and overtopping of canals and levees connected to the MRGO. I was IN the Ninth Ward for Betsy...the first time this monster killed people! I was in some of that water, and I can assure you it was the MRGO and ONLY the MRGO that caused ALL of that flooding--I have aerial photos showing it. The flooding for Betsy was not as extensive as it didn't reach Mid-City and Lakeview, and the N.O. East area wasn't nearly as developed; but it did flood everything on both sides of the Industrial Canal from well past Franklin Ave. eastward into St. Bernard Parish. If that program suggested that "without the MRGO" this kind of flooding would've happened anyway they are either grossly mistaken (wouldn't be the first time--they had to backtrack red-faced on a program they did about a feathered dinosaur that proved to be a hoax)..or complicit in misleading--take your pick. I'd prefer to think it was the former--or perhaps you simply came to the wrong conclusion.

Follow this link :darrow: and it does a flash presentation of step-by-step chronology of the flooding. Virtually ALL of the flooded areas you see being inundated up to stage 11 or 12 are DIRECTLY the result of MRGO and the infamous "funnelling" of water, and you can also see quite well which "funnel" they speak of. You will note that the Lakeview areas, City Park, and Mid-City were flooded by breaches in the London-Ave., Orleans, and 17th St. Canals and this was by no means what caused "all" the flooding. the last stage (14 I think) was the final surge of water that finished filling in the city--AGAIN thanks to inflow of water down the MRGO.

http://www.nola.com/katrina/graphics/flashflood.swf

Here :darrow: is a link to a website that very lucidly explains the myriad reasons why this killer needs to be shut down NOW. Click on the link (upper left hand margin), that will take you to an extensive study on the MRGO done by the LSU agri-dept. on just how SEVERELY this man-made murderer has impacted the area. Of course one wonders if the erstwhile "conservationist" inclined National Geographic managed to explain the HUGE loss of TENS OF THOUSANDS of acres of wetlands that once protected the city this hideous thing has precipitated? Areas that were once onland are now in the middle of Lake Borgne! the channel has, by way of salt-water intrusion widened many-fold as, like a cancer, it eats away at what little protective wetland remains around it. It would appear that businesses and industries relying on it for their $$$ don't give a whit about the lives of people living in the surrounding areas this thing endangeres...as long as they keep theiir money cows operational. This is both sad--and enfuriating for anyone with an ounce of sense of justice. MRGO is responsible for way too many deaths already and NEEDS TO GO!

http://www.ccmrgo.org/

You see, the media does an oversimplification when it describes New Orleans as just being one giant "bowl" which might imply that a break in any place will flood the entire city--not true. It is actually more like one of those comparment-type cafeteria plates/bowls, with several dips and ridges throughout the area. Betsy proved that flooding in one area does not translate into flooding in ALL areas. That the Lakeview/Mid-City-Broadmoor flooding would have still occured is probably beyond dispute. But a VAST section of everything to the east would have remained dry and NOT flooded--BUT for the killer known as MRGO. This point was further amplified when only weeks later, as Rita came by... once again driving a surge down that dastardly "funnel"... what areas flooded ALL OVER AGAIN?... Not Mid-City... Not Lakeview... but the poor folks who'd already received by FAR he worst/deepest flooding--Lower Ninth Ward, and New Orleans East. That this monstrosity was DIRECTLY responsible for the deaths of perhaps well over a THOUSAND people is beyond dispute, IMHO, and unless or until people stop allowing avaricious businesses looking only to save or make a buck, hither and yon, propagandize them into a false notion of just how DEADLY this thing is... it WILL KILL AGAIN! -- perhaps even more the next time!

[steps off soapbox]

A2K
0 likes   

terstorm1012
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby terstorm1012 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:11 pm

I bow to you A2K. That is some good righteous anger there.

And I agree. I recall vividly one of the emergency managers from St. Bernard stating these very facts right after Katrina on CNN, and Wolf Blitzer cut him off. It prompted me to of course, do some research. That canal is evil.

Is it true what I read somewhere that the canal is open because the Mississippi isn't deep enough for shipping? Now I might have misread, but the last time I was down in New Orleans I went to the Riverwalk, and I'm pretty sure there was a display that said the river was over one hundred feet deep there off the Riverwalk. Hmmmmmmm....grrrrr...lies.....ugh.

And I don't know what's up with the Corp lately, but I'm sort of glad now they didn't hire me for a job I applied for in Vicksburg. I can tell I would be frustrated beyond words.

If there's an organization to kill this thing I'll get behind it 190%.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:49 pm

I saw the program last night and what I got out of it was that the MRGO was the initial culprit in the initial flooding of NO. To me that was pretty clear. The statement that the flooding would have happened anyway is probably correct, imo, but I don't think it would have been as bad as what happened had it not been for MRGO. It was a somewhat interesting program which I didn't feel was particularly biased one way or the other, but basically factual. If you can catch it on a rebound, if there is one, try and watch it.
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:37 pm

Is it true what I read somewhere that the canal is open because the Mississippi isn't deep enough for shipping?

Positively not... follow the second link I've provided above and read how USELESS this monstrosity is. It is 75 miles long-longer than the PANAMA CANAL!...constantly needs dredging, and is mostly used now for BARGE traffic, although some "container" installations along the upper Industrial Canal claim they need it until larger "locks" can be made--which of course will never be done, additionally the article totally debunks this myth. You are correct the river is QUITE deep enough to handle these ships... they just like the "shorter" route up the MRGO...so that convenience and accessibility trump the lives and safety of tens of thousands of human beings.

what I got out of it was that the MRGO was the initial culprit in the initial flooding of NO. To me that was pretty clear. The statement that the flooding would have happened anyway is probably correct, imo,

Yes, David, I already conceded that flooding would almost certainly have occured--in the Lakeview/Mid-City/Broadmoor areas; but almost equally certain is the fact that it would have nowhere, no how, been of the extensive magnitude that it was. The entirety of New Orleans East would have been spared as the Industrial canal breaches were directly consequent to the funnelling of HUGE storm surges up the MRGO... This would have also spared hundreds, if not a thousand human lives in the St. Bernard and Lower Ninth areas, also flooded ONLY because of MRGO. In essence, the flooding would have been cut by a good 2/3 of what we saw. The link above to the flash presentation clearly shows just how much of the flooding came directly from the MRGO. National Geographic did NO favor to truth in reporting if it left people with the opinion that all this floodng would have occurred even without this waterway--that is positively not accurate.

If you can catch it on a rebound, if there is one, try and watch it.

Rest assured, David, I will mark it on my TV as soon as I get off. :) And like I said, yes flooding would have occured, but the probablity is VERY high that both the damage done, and the death toll would have been DRAMATICALLY lower had MRGO not been there.

And I reiterate what's being completely overglossed with this special is the devastation to the protective wetland areas surrounding the city that the MRGO is DIRECTLY responsible for. Of that there can be absolutely NO doubt whatsoever. (See the LSU-agri report on the second link)

MRGO NEEDS TO GO! :grr:

A2K
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:18 pm

BTW... What was the name of this program? I have the NG channel, and can't find it anywhere!

A2K
0 likes   

TSmith274
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby TSmith274 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:24 pm

I watched the NGC program. There was a HORRENDOUS ERROR in that show. When talking about why the coast is dissapearing, one of the reasons given was that in SE La, we've built houses and other developments in the coastal marshes. RIDICULOUS! This has nothing to do with the erosion. We don't build subdivisions in the swamp down here. It's amazing to me that an organization the likes of National Geographic can get it so wrong. It's almost as if they didn't talk to a single expert in this area.

No mention was made about the leveeing of the river, the thousands of miles of oil and gas access canals, saltwater intrusion, etc... Unbelievable. All I could do was shake my head in disbelief.

But what this shows is that we are doing a horrible job of getting the TRUTH out to the rest of the country. Money spent on a major ad campaign about this topic would be money well spent.
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:18 pm

Here are some pics that are worth a thousand words in showng what this horrible thing has created. On the left you see the Inner Harbor Navigational Canal (aka Intercoastal Waterway), on the right is the INFAMOUS MRGO, or Huricane Highway note how they converge before sending their horrible cargo of death toward the Industrial Canal:

The next image is a satellite image showing overhead the deadly "funnel" from where the IHNC and the MRGO meet, and drive on in toward the Industrial Canal.

Now here, compare the picture of this DISEASE taken right at it's opening (early 60's) below, and another picture taken in 1989 (nearly 17 years AGO) to show just how much it has DESTROYED in wetland area protection/buffer. This channel was SUPPOSED to be a narrow inlet, it has burgeoned to over 500 FEET WIDE in many parts bringing further devastation to the area's once adequate buffers:

Now look at THIS picture of the Shell Beach area taken in the late 40's... and KNOW that those buildings in the background, are now mere pilings out in the middle of Lake Borgne! Thank you MRGO!

Want the whole story on how much land, including 11,000 acres of valuable cypress swamp this killer has destroyed? Follow the below link:

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/stories/2003/paradise-lost/future-of-mrgo.htm

this last picture is NOT a picture of a "break" or typical "breach"... it is the infamous Hurricane Highway AKA MRGO simply being OVERTOPPED by the HUGE surge of Katrina, taken at the Michoud Facility you can see near the very bridge in the picture in the topmost photo.

MRGO... NEEDS TO GO! :grr:

A2K
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:22 pm

I watched the NGC program. There was a HORRENDOUS ERROR in that show.

This doesn't surprise me at all, TSmith; they've made blunders on their shows in th past, and judging from the opinions others have voiced, they clearly skewed this presentation as well.

Money spent on a major ad campaign about this topic would be money well spent.

Indeed it would. God knows I'm doing what I can to get that truth out there. Sadly wayyy too much money is involved here, and I think we're fighting a MAJOR uphill battle. More lives will pay the price of keeping this disaster-in-waiting open...a true indictment of our priorities.

A2K
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#16 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:52 pm

Audrey2Katrina wrote:BTW... What was the name of this program? I have the NG channel, and can't find it anywhere!

A2K

Inside Katrina

Here ya go. It airs again June 29. http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c ... 60622.html
Last edited by vbhoutex on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:56 pm

Thanks, Vb, . I'd heard a lot about that way back as far as January; but they actually seem to have "blacked" it out of this area... gonna go check now to see if it'll be showing again anytime soon. :wink:

A2K
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#18 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Audrey2Katrina wrote:Thanks, Vb, . I'd heard a lot about that way back as far as January; but they actually seem to have "blacked" it out of this area... gonna go check now to see if it'll be showing again anytime soon. :wink:

A2K

Gotcha covered!! See my edited post above.
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#19 Postby Dionne » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:43 pm

I may have misunderstood the program. But from what I recall, NG said the flooding begain at the funnel with storm surge. And later as the storm moved inland, the wrap around winds pushed the water out of Ponchartrain into the canals. I recieved this as two distinct flood threats coming from different directions. They had it broken down into time frames. General Honore suggested that the water was like battling an enemy with flanking maneuvers.

Sorry A2K....didn't intend to get you excited. It's obvious you have done your homework over the years. Since you've been in that water....I can certainly understand your enthusiasm on the subject of MRGO. :eek:
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:58 pm

Sorry A2K....didn't intend to get you excited. It's obvious you have done your homework over the years. Since you've been in that water....I can certainly understand your enthusiasm on the subject of MRGO.

It's all good, Dionne... I just sometimes get my Irish dander up a tad too much--especially when it comes to the topic of the MRGO. There's just way too much disinformation out there. I'll certainly never question the honorable Gen. Honore about anything militarily tactical... and indeed the city was "flanked" ...but the fact remains that the MRGO was far and away the deadliest enemy.

Everythings ok here; I'd just like to see that 75 mile malignancy removed permanently :wink:

A2K
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”