Mississippi insurance costs......

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

Mississippi insurance costs......

#1 Postby Dionne » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:07 am

WLBT (television station) in Jackson, Mississippi is running an online poll. The question asks residents if they think all of Mississippi should shoulder the increased insurance costs on the coast. The results are interesting. A whooping 82% do not favor the increased burden.

Possibly we should rename the Mississippi gulf coast to the "Forgotten Coast"..........
0 likes   

HollynLA
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby HollynLA » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:17 am

Here in LA, our insurance has gotten out of hand. I'm already paying $2200/year and then received a letter from my agent yesterday saying that my company wants to raise my house value by an additional 120K which of course will make my premiums even higher. Insane!
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby MGC » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:14 pm

Well, next time a ice storm or big tornado hits the Jackson area I wonder if these folks will remember this poll?. It is time for the three costal counties to consider breaking away and forming a new state.....MGC
0 likes   

Javlin
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Javlin » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Yea the good folks up North where dead set against the gaming but not the tax revenue that's for sure.MGC without our taxes from the past and future this state would cry but we will have to carry our load hopefully they can too.
0 likes   

wayoutfront

#5 Postby wayoutfront » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:50 pm

Do you think Mississippians on he coast should bear the burden of Avalanche coverage?? :ggreen: :cheesy:
0 likes   

TSmith274
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby TSmith274 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:19 am

This phenomenon isn't isolated to Mississippi. People in the rest of Louisiana had problems helping New Orleans with its elections... the one thing most precious to our system of government in this country. Nothing suprises me about people's attitudes anymore. They just don't get it until they've lived through it themselves. The many things you've contributed over the past centuries gets forgotten... all because of the shorterm monitary sacrafices. If yall form that new state of yours on the Mississippi Gulf coast, think yall could let metro New Orleans join?
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”