Bad News Camillia Grille

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Camille_2_Katrina

Bad News Camillia Grille

#1 Postby Camille_2_Katrina » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:25 am

I got this from Tom Fitzmorris's web page...

"Camellia Grill. I have not been able to reach the owner, but a good source reports that the restaurant is for sale and probably will not reopen until after it is sold. But that is not confirmed with the owner."

excluding the lives lost... this is worst news I've heard in a long time.

:cry:
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#2 Postby Dionne » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 am

Oh, that is a bummer. We used to park in the FQ and take the trolley through the Garden District to the Camellia Grill for lunch. And we took it all for granted......not knowing that someday soon it would end. :cry:
0 likes   

Mattie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Mattie » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:27 pm

Another memory - I ruined a pair of pants with the greasy burgers from Camellia grill - a great late night spot with great waiters and white cloth napkins! So sad for all of the workers - many had been there forever.
0 likes   

BayouVenteux
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby BayouVenteux » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:21 am

Mattie wrote:Another memory - I ruined a pair of pants with the greasy burgers from Camellia grill - a great late night spot with great waiters and white cloth napkins! So sad for all of the workers - many had been there forever.

Yep. A CG burger after a night on the town has been an essential early morning rite of passage for generations of college kids. The original "Cheeseburger in Paradise" that inspired Jimmy Buffet all those years ago.

I hope it's still around for my sons to enjoy.

Here's to the hope that yet another unique piece in the fabric of New Orleans doesn't become one more Katrina "victim".
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”