Emergency Animal Rescue - EARS

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TampaFl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Emergency Animal Rescue - EARS

#1 Postby TampaFl » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:18 am

United Animal Nation (Emergency Animal Rescue /EARS ) were great last year in Florida after all the hurricanes in 2004 especially after Hurricane Charley :D . They set up there operation in Bartow, Fl. in Polk County. I am sure they are mobilizing for this disaster also :D .

http://www.uan.org/

Robert 8-)
0 likes   

Terry
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Terry » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:39 am

I volunteered with EARS in Bartow for two weeks last year after Charley.
They were beyond phenomenal. It was very physical and emotional work assisting with injured and lost pets and strays.

EARS and all animal rescue agencies can use support in the way of $$$ and manpower now. Those emergency facilities generally need: towels, blankets, pet food, water, pet dishes/bowls, pet toys, cages, leashes, food for volunteers.

Thanks for remembering the four-legged creatures in need of help, TampaFL!

ps -I adopted a manx kitten that would have been put to sleep - but she ("Charley") is 100% healthy now.
0 likes   

TampaFl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby TampaFl » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:04 am

Thanks Terry, glad to here about your new adoption. Yes, it was a phenominal operation last year in Bartow . I was involved with the damage assessment / recovery and we were located next door to the arena where EARS had set up their operation. Everyone, as Terry said, supplies and or monetary donations would be very greatful to help all the animals that also went through this terrible tragedy.

Thanks
Robert 8-)
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”