Calling Sunny!

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

JenBayles
Category 5
Category 5

Calling Sunny!

#1 Postby JenBayles » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:56 am

Hey girl! Are you still in the NO area? Where are you staying now? Been sending prayers your way for days. <hugs>
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#2 Postby Miss Mary » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:04 am

She's fine. She and family evacuated to Atlanta. And she just learned she'll be working in the Baton Rouge area for the next 6 months. I'm guessing the law firm she works for in NO has an office in BR. So that's good news. As to where she'll be living, no info on that yet.

But Cindy is okay! That's very good news......she's been avoiding the forums lately, b/c the situation is so bad in NO. She'll return eventually I'm sure. I think she lurks and occasionally posts. But not like before Katrina. Can't really blame her. My heart isn't in all of this either. I'm just going thru the motions and I used to frequent the OT board first. Now I do a mere glance over there and come here.

Mary
0 likes   

JenBayles
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby JenBayles » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:37 am

Thanks Mary! I'm so glad to hear that not only is Cindy safe, but also has a job to go back to.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Brent » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:49 am

Yeah... she sent me a PM yesterday saying she was headed back to Baton Rouge today. :)
0 likes   
#neversummer

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby sunny » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 am

Hey Jen. I am sorry for making you worry. Just haven't felt much like chatting. I am okay. We are still in Atlanta, heading to Baton Rouge tomorrow. Like Mary said, my firm is moving operations to Baton Rouge as One Shell Square will be "uninhabitable" for up to six months.

We have been told we will be allowed into Jefferson Parish on Monday, but only to get clothes and essentials, then we will be required to leave and will not be allowed to return for one month. We are hearing reports of rioting on the West Bank where we live, and people walking the streets with AK47s. So the plan is for my brother-in-laws to go there first to see if it is safe for us to go down to get what we need.

I will touch base again when I can. We are leaving out of here about 4 in the morning, expecting a very long drive!

Thanks for caring :D
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”