Miss. woman makes priceless Katrina find

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

Miss. woman makes priceless Katrina find

#1 Postby TexasStooge » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:06 pm

BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. (AP) - Hurricane Katrina washed away the home and possessions of newlyweds Annie Bazoon-Singleton and Rivers Singleton.

On the couple's first wedding anniversary June 4, Bazoon-Singleton was digging through ruins in her neighborhood when she made a priceless discovery — her wedding dress.

She was poking around the only house still standing on her street when she glimpsed fabric flower through a section of pulled-up flooring. The flower was attached to the simple cocktail dress she wore to wed her friend of 40 years.

"You never quit looking," she said. "Every time you walk outside, you are looking for something that might be yours or your neighbor's."

Bazoon-Singleton said she also found a high school pendant on another significant date — the anniversary of her graduation.
___

Information from: The Sun Herald
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby MSRobi911 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:57 am

TexasStooge

This is so true, every time we walk out back of our trailer or even in the front yard we are always looking down to see what we can find. We have found rings and pendants and pictues that were still in good shape (not perfect). After every rain it washes away some more muck and you go looking to see what you can find. I keep hoping I will find my house somewhere under there.....hahahaha rofl!

Gotta have a sense of humor or we wouldn't survive!

Mary
0 likes   

GrimReaper
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby GrimReaper » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:46 am

After Hurricane Andrew, I was helping my friend dig through the rubble of her house and barns, which were directly on Biscayne Bay. These building were totally trashed!! In all the debris I found one pearl earring that was an heirloom from her Grandmother. It was a miracle to my friend, considering she had lost everything!!
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”