Another twist to NOLA evacuation

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

soonertwister
Category 5
Category 5

Another twist to NOLA evacuation

#1 Postby soonertwister » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:26 pm

Apparently the convoy of buses that arrived to take people from the Superdome was seen by thousands of people holed up in downtown high-rise buildings, and many of them are streaming toward the dome.

I hope this is a good thing, and I'll pray that it is.
0 likes   

beenthru6
Category 1
Category 1

#2 Postby beenthru6 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:31 pm

I sincerely hope that they have plenty of other shelters lined up to take those who are loading onto the buses, because the houston astrodome will fill quickly. People are not going to tolerate being stuck on a bus or being bused all over the creation. Many, many people are ending up at the Astrodome that were not in the superdome, and I think the authorities will be very surprised to find out just how many people they are going to eventually end up having to house.
0 likes   

Praxus
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby Praxus » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:35 pm

I wonder why we haven't heard anything about massive tent cities going up ?
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby MBismyPlayground » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:41 pm

Praxus wrote:I wonder why we haven't heard anything about massive tent cities going up ?

This is just my opinion but I think that the tent city is something that the Active duty military use. Because so far this is state ran along with Homeland Security and martial law is not in effect, they will do it another way. In the meantime they have people dying from dehydration, lack of care, and disease.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”