"Entire GNP not enough to clean up NOLA" -- EPA

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

kevin

#21 Postby kevin » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:36 am

Kelarie wrote:
kevin wrote:Our entire GNP can do anything in the world. This is flat out wrong. What is our GNP? Trillions and trillions of dollars. Enough to pay for all the fighting on all sides of WWII nine times I believe (don't want to do research because quite frankly it doesn't matter I have complete confidence with 1 trillion dollars anything can be done).

But is it the right thing to do? Even tho we throw trillions of dollars at the situation, it can happen again. This area is not situated for development. I believed it should be abandoned and instead of throwing money away at a lost cause, but it towards building something safe.

My two cents.

Yes, if it costs an enormous amount of money the only thing that absolutely needs to be rebuilt is the port. I'd have to agree there. However if there is the political will, the entire city can be rebuilt.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”