WTF

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wxcrazytwo

WTF

#1 Postby wxcrazytwo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:02 am

0 likes   

Persepone
Category 2
Category 2

#2 Postby Persepone » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:08 am

I agree.

I think that perhaps it is time to bring the National Guard back to the US. We do have regular army and perhaps it is time to switch over in Iraq.

Our National Guard signed up, for the most part, to be just that--our home guard.

I also think that perhaps it is time to rethink building hospitals, schools, etc. in Baghdad rather than here in the US.

Write to your senators, to your congressmen and other elected officials. They will read your e-mails and letters. Posting on Storm2K makes you feel better, but if you feel strongly about this, tell your elected officials. You CAN make it happen!
0 likes   

ohiostorm
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby ohiostorm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:02 am

Yeah I think the recovery efforts are a little more important then the war at this point.
0 likes   

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby sunny » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:04 am

We have 4,000 of our National Guard in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. The good news is they are coming home within the next few weeks. Brandon called us last night, he is worried sick about what is going on here.
0 likes   

wxcrazytwo

#5 Postby wxcrazytwo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:08 am

sunny wrote:We have 4,000 of our National Guard in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. The good news is they are coming home within the next few weeks. Brandon called us last night, he is worried sick about what is going on here.

Sunny, all the reason he need to come home early..
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”