Getting Prepared

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Janice
Category 5
Category 5

Getting Prepared

#1 Postby Janice » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:24 pm

Well, since I am very experienced at getting prepared for bad weather and hurricanes, I just want to let everyone know that I am ready with a new cement shed just built by the side of our house for our two generators.
I say, let the HURRICANE SEASON BEGIN...........
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#2 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:26 pm

lol Janice....lets hope a Cat 5 doesnt come a knockin to give you a run for your money!
0 likes   

Rainband

Re: Getting Prepared

#3 Postby Rainband » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:29 pm

Janice wrote:Well, since I am very experienced at getting prepared for bad weather and hurricanes, I just want to let everyone know that I am ready with a new cement shed just built by the side of our house for our two generators.
I say, let the HURRICANE SEASON BEGIN...........
Me too..Glad to see you Janice... :D :D

Johnathan :P
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:30 pm

Good. Im glad to hear your prepared.. expesialy due to your location... Bring on cane season 2003
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby cycloneye » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:39 pm

Glad to see you posting and yes we have to be prepared Janice due to the location where we are because every year we have to look east to see if something threats Puerto Rico.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby wx247 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:55 pm

Well... I have no need to prepare for a hurricane, but I look forward to discussing the tropics with ya'll.

Ciao! :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Amanzi » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:40 pm

Good on you Janice! I think you just prompted me to go and have a look at my supplies, they get buried in the garage during winter.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#8 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:40 pm

Just out of curiosity-how many of you Hurricane freaks get laughed at by your significant others for having a Hurricane preparedness kit? I do!! And after going through Alicia with an 8 mo old and 4 year old! I don't understand it. :?: :roll: :?: :roll:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

isobar
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby isobar » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:06 am

I know what you mean David, 'cuz the last laugh will be yours if another Alicia comes your way. You won't be the one standing in long lines at Walmart. :8:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:03 am

Not only do I get teased at home but at work too :lol: For the last 5 or 6 years it has been one of my "additional duties" at work to track the storms during the season for business continuity reasons. We provide an internet based service for the Home Health industry. With our office being only 100 yards from Tampa Bay and 10 feet above sealevel we have to be prepared to activate our emergency plans.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”