Warmer SST coming to the ATL

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Allexpert Mike
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Warmer SST coming to the ATL

#1 Postby Allexpert Mike » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:14 pm

Looking at LR IRI model produccts its showing below normal temps in the GOM and parts of the South ATL. Here is why as I heard Dr. Gray say this in his latest discussion.

Over the next few weeks we will have a -AO with great blocking over the poles and this will lead to an amplified pattern and with a Pacific trough deepening with strong jet streak on the west side of the trough it will make for nice omega sig. ridging in the Western US with sharp trough in the East. With the -NAO nice ridging over Greenland will lead to a North to SOuth orientation leading to ATL ridging with this ridging in place it will warm up the ocean temperatures at a good rate. However I do think the NAO will go + towards late march as the torugh swings out in the ATL with a Trough out west ridging over the East and with troughing over the ATL so right now were in a flip flop pattern. Ensembles show -AO going to neutral to positive around Mid march and thats most likely wrong as we check lr guidance it clearly shows will be in a -AO.

But this might be the last cold shot for most on the East and a huge warm up where sub zero readings wheree around Minnesota. As omega sig pulls east a s/w trough will create impressive WAA and I wouldn't be suprised to see temps well into the 60's out there to around 70 degree mark in some spots.
0 likes   

northweststormchaser

#2 Postby northweststormchaser » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:17 pm

good
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:17 pm

Yep...I'm banking on next week to push us up past 50 for the 1st time since October! Its been a long time coming and time to get rid of these 8 foot drifts...the sun will be much stronger in the weekend to come!
0 likes   

northweststormchaser

#4 Postby northweststormchaser » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:22 pm

Flooding from down under then!!!!!!!
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”