Tropical Wave in the Eastern Atlantic (Is Invest 95L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hayabusa
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave Near the Coast of Africa

#161 Postby Hayabusa » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:12 pm

12z eps for the atlantic catches my eye, ensemble with the lowest mslp is 898 mb...
This one with closeup is filtered with only strong ensembles
4 likes   
ヤンデレ女が寝取られるているのを見たい!!!
ECMWF ensemble NWPAC plots: https://ecmwfensnwpac.imgbb.com/
Multimodel NWPAC plots: https://multimodelnwpac.imgbb.com/
GFS Ensemble NWPAC plots (16 & 35 day forecast): https://gefsnwpac.imgbb.com/
Plots updated automatically

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Tropical Wave Near the Coast of Africa

#162 Postby jlauderdal » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:12 pm

OuterBanker wrote:The GFS is really wacko this year. 06 z had a monster Ga to NC, 12z doesn't even develop anywhere. After this season it needs to enter rehab. I have never seen it perform as badly as this year in the long term forecast.
Its consistently inconsistent, gfs runs must be taken with a very cynical view until further notice which could be the rest of the season, beware of any solution from the gfs beyond 48 hrs
0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#163 Postby SFLcane » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:14 pm

1 likes   

Spacecoast
Category 2
Category 2

#164 Postby Spacecoast » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:16 pm

IcyTundra wrote:
SFLcane wrote:Did the 12z Eps slip west from 00z?

Yes slightly west of 00Z

12z EPS vs 0z EPS. (black sq is 12z Operational @240
12 EPS Probabilities @ 264Hrs
0 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#165 Postby toad strangler » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:18 pm

I’d wait until this gets all the way into the central tropical Atlantic minimum before even glancing at mid range 500mb set up. For now, looks like we have a probable peak season MDR long tracker. What was that about El Niño? lol
6 likes   

SconnieCane
Category 4
Category 4

Re: RE: Re: Tropical Wave Near the Coast of Africa

#166 Postby SconnieCane » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:20 pm

jlauderdal wrote:
OuterBanker wrote:The GFS is really wacko this year. 06 z had a monster Ga to NC, 12z doesn't even develop anywhere. After this season it needs to enter rehab. I have never seen it perform as badly as this year in the long term forecast.
Its consistently inconsistent, gfs runs must be taken with a very cynical view until further notice which could be the rest of the season, beware of any solution from the gfs beyond 48 hrs

Sheesh. And here I was every year trying to use its long-range forecasts of springtime severe weather potential to book my chasecations. No wonder it took me 10 years of trying to see a significant tornado! :roll: :lol:
1 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#167 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:29 pm

AutoPenalti wrote:
SFLcane wrote:Did the 12z Eps slip west from 00z?

Slightly.

https://i.imgur.com/Fkkywqb.gif

I count 27 members (53%) with a H. That is more than the 0Z and is as high as any EPS I can recall for any as yet to develop system in the MDR this season to date. So, at a minimum, this looks likely to be a big ACE producer as well as one that will probably give us lots of pretty satellite pics to view.
Last edited by LarryWx on Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ianswfl
Category 1
Category 1

#168 Postby Ianswfl » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:04 pm

A number of ensembles bend a strong hurricane back towards the WNW. Would Irma be a possible good analog?
0 likes   

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#169 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:48 pm

My experience is when the Euro locks on to something, something will generally develop. The key to what this does in the future rests a lot on what Idalia ends up doing. If it is still roaming around then it has a better chance to go out. If it goes out, then high pressure builds back in and the feature cant go out. Too early to know where, but I am getting pretty confident something will be out there
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#170 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:50 pm

Ianswfl wrote:A number of ensembles bend a strong hurricane back towards the WNW. Would Irma be a possible good analog?

I'd say no
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#171 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:50 pm

In the water now. Looks like invest tag may not be far away. South of 10N a turning.

3 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#172 Postby Nimbus » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:54 pm

South of 10n thats not good may not find a weakness till the islands.
Model runs with the invest will be interesting.
0 likes   

mantis83
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#173 Postby mantis83 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:01 pm

Stratton23 wrote:The SE coast needs to watch this, definitely not a 100% guarantee this will recurve

i'd give it about 90% chance of recurve right now
0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#174 Postby SFLcane » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:04 pm

mantis83 wrote:
Stratton23 wrote:The SE coast needs to watch this, definitely not a 100% guarantee this will recurve

Come on now… let’s not make model predictions 10 days out lots can change and people do live in the islands like our very own “ Luis “. Lots can and will change
4 likes   

Emmett_Brown
Category 5
Category 5

#175 Postby Emmett_Brown » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:05 pm

18Z GFS keeps it far south through hour 102, still just under 10N
0 likes   

Dougiefresh
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#176 Postby Dougiefresh » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:13 pm

SFLcane wrote:
mantis83 wrote:

Come on now… let’s not make model predictions 10 days out lots can change and people do live in the islands like our very own “ Luis “. Lots can and will change

Only about 44 million people live in the Caribbean. It certainly grinds my gears when I read post that blatently disregards any storm that looks like it won't hit USA, but plows through the Caribbean Islands.
13 likes   

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#177 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:22 pm

Looks like most models start hitting the gas on development right as it gets to 50w
0 likes   

TomballEd
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#178 Postby TomballEd » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:32 pm

10 days out, anything is possible. I know models have improved in 15 years, but a 5 day forecast for a W Gulf hurricane was a SEUSA threat. 500 mb heights on Euro op, generally supported by ensembles, doesn't preclude a landfall as far W as Gulf Florida even if individual members don't support that. A fish may be most likely, but nothing is guaranteed, other than models agree on TCG.
2 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#179 Postby Category5Kaiju » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:42 pm

One thing I do find interesting is assuming some of these ensemble runs are indeed correct, then this system will be going through a Hebert Box at a formidable strength. I understand that Hebert Boxes aren't exactly foolproof, but there's a reason why they have been designated in the first place....

I will also add that this isn't exactly a scenario like Sam, as that occurred at the end of September when persistent troughs were around.
3 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

#180 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:47 pm

Well Well well, what do we have here? Cabo Verde long tracker? I’m excited to see what this storm is capable of(intensity wise). Hopefully we get a recurve before it hits the islands. We need a fish storm, not a shark storm. (Get it, cuz shark storms would be ocean storms that hit islands) :double:
1 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”